Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Blues cancel their high-profile pre-season tour (snigger)

Birmingham City's proposed pre-season tour of Tanzania has been called off.

An official statement on the Blues website said: "Blues can confirm that the club will now not be travelling to Tanzania for a pre-season tour in July.

"The club had set a deadline of 3pm Monday (23 May) for the organising parties to categorically give the necessary commitments on paper.

"As the formal contract for the trip was not entered into, the club regrettably had to pull out to consider other arrangements.

"Other pre-season destinations are being considered and details will be released as soon as possible."

Blues cancel their high-profile pre-season tour (snigger)

Birmingham City's proposed pre-season tour of Tanzania has been called off.

An official statement on the Blues website said: "Blues can confirm that the club will now not be travelling to Tanzania for a pre-season tour in July.

"The club had set a deadline of 3pm Monday (23 May) for the organising parties to categorically give the necessary commitments on paper.

"As the formal contract for the trip was not entered into, the club regrettably had to pull out to consider other arrangements.

"Other pre-season destinations are being considered and details will be released as soon as possible."

So, Tamworth, Solihull Moors, Kiddie then

Given the age of their squad, their very murky financial situation and the veiled hints that all isn't right at the club, I think the chances of them bouncing straight back up are pretty slim - in fact, if things are as bleak as they're painted they might struggle to stay in the Championship over the next few years.

Brilliant!!!

how can any of us expect dann, foster and johnson to stay....if they are sold people will say we are skint...fact they will leave because they are top quality players and should be playing for top prem teams. with the money that we should get for those 3 alone (35-40 mill) we can build a better team around gardner with just half that money

£40m???

More like 20.

Brilliant!!!

how can any of us expect dann, foster and johnson to stay....if they are sold people will say we are skint...fact they will leave because they are top quality players and should be playing for top prem teams. with the money that we should get for those 3 alone (35-40 mill) we can build a better team around gardner with just half that money

£40m???

More like 20.

If they are lucky, and that 20 would go to servicing deficits, not squad rebuilding.

yes but you'd argue that an 18 year old keeper with 0 minutes under his belt and a 17 year old midfielder with 12 minutes in the cup is hardly going to fill the void left by the departures this summer

you'd like to think that if we'd gone down this season we have the likes of albrighton, clark, hogg, herd, fonz, baker etc etc etc they have no one

the youngsters in their 1st squad -

jay oshea 1 game

jordan mutch 3 games

enric vales 0 games

no one of any note ready to play next season

Jordan Mutch was one of Watford's best players this (last?) season, so it is wrong to dismiss him like that. I don't know much about O'Shea/Valles though. Apart from didn't Valles come from Barca?

I understand that blues won't be able to fill the void of the players they will lose with yoof, I just didn't understand why Kevin Phillips came out and said what you'd quoted as they seem to have their best crop of youngsters coming through. Definitely that I can remember, anyway.

They will have a back 5 of Doyle Carr Davies Ridgewell Murphy, lets be honest that is more than decent for Championship, and Jerome does ok at that level too up front

I think Carr will leave.

I also reckon Davies will have some kind of get out written into his contract in the event of relegation. Given the sort of deal he had in his contract here.

Birmingham City have decided to call off their proposed pre-season trip to play two matches in Tanzania.

Blues, who were relegated from the Premier League on Saturday, were due to travel to Africa in July for friendlies against Simba and Yanga.

However, organisers failed to meet the deadline set to confirm the arrangements for Alex McLeish's side.

The Carling Cup holders are now looking into other possible destinations to prepare for their Championship return.

A statement from Birmingham City read: "The club had set a deadline of Monday, 23 May for the organising parties to categorically give the necessary commitments on paper.

Blues will also head overseas in August, when they play in the final qualifying round of the Europa League.

Simba, the Tanzanian club that originally invited Birmingham to East Africa, had earlier told the BBC that they were considering withdrawing the offer after earning an unexpected reprieve in Africa's Champions League competition.

Having been eliminated in the second round of the competition, Simba will now contest a one-off play-off with Morocco's Wydad Casablanca to determine who reaches the group stage.

Simba were originally beaten by TP Mazembe, the side which lost 2-0 to Inter in the final of the Fifa World Club Cup in 2010.

However, an appeal was lodged against the Congolese side for fielding an 'ineligible player', which African football's ruling body upheld.

Even if Simba fail to beat Wydad, they will drop into the Confederation Cup, African club football's second tier competition, which climaxes at the end of the year.

Mazembe, meanwhile, have lodged an appeal against their expulsion

News BBC

They will have a back 5 of Doyle Carr Davies Ridgewell Murphy, lets be honest that is more than decent for Championship, and Jerome does ok at that level too up front

I think Carr will leave.

Carr will be 35 at the start of the season - I think he'll call it a day.

Â