Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

22 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Has anyone ever walked past a Blues fan when they are wearing their shirt in town or on holiday or something? 

Living in Somerset, we have Minehead, Weston and Burnham that attract a lot of tourists from the West Midlands. 

Whenever I see one, I just walk past and will actually feel genuinely sorry for them that their life has led to wearing that shirt. 

However, the other week, I was parking up and had my Villa jacket on. Got out the car and hear 'dirty Viler'. I turn around and their is some 30 stone behemoth in a blues top. He had his full knuckle dragging family in tow, holding hands with his sister and everything. 

He then stopped and was just staring over at me. So I kissed the Villa badge on my top and started to walk down the street. 

He then starts shouting a load of verbal abuse at me. 

My lad was like 'Dad, let's do him' but I ain't into that shit so we did a lap of the block and came back to make sure the idiot hadn't keyed the car. 

Weird bunch. 

Guys like that feel insecure, you should have given him a compliment, like "nice tits".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I bet he'll be regaling the other pilchards 'in town' about that for the next 30 years about how he single handedly 'Took Burnham'

Oh shit. Is that another town I can't drink in now? 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, calcifer said:

They are a special bunch. Worked with some over the years.

Best one was one refused to work with a dirty viler I was on the agency. Back in the day when you could walk from one job to the other. 

Back the the special little man, well it was in a warehouse and we had to load a wagon with sun loungers, he threw one at me while I was loading the last one onto the back of the wagon, knocked me out. Spent the night in hospital. 

He was the gaffers son, I went in 2 days later just to drop him 🤣 

I'm sure there is a rule saying that you are allowed to do this in the company handbook. If not there should be.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, calcifer said:

They are a special bunch. Worked with some over the years.

Best one was one refused to work with a dirty viler I was on the agency. Back in the day when you could walk from one job to the other. 

Back the the special little man, well it was in a warehouse and we had to load a wagon with sun loungers, he threw one at me while I was loading the last one onto the back of the wagon, knocked me out. Spent the night in hospital. 

He was the gaffers son, I went in 2 days later just to drop him 🤣 

I'm sure there must be more to this story.

I've never been victim to GBH in the workplace for supporting a different team like

I think their bunch are convinced the new hedge fund owner is in for the long haul and will invest whatever it takes to turn them in to an established top league team for the first time. Do they realise their type of owner isn't typically going to do anything more than the equivalent of flipping a house by fixing a leaking roof, reglazing broken windows, a lick of paint and then buying a feature advertisement in Good Home magazine?

The previous owners abused them so much that even comparatively cheap common sense decisions, like repairing their decrepit stands, has been extrapolated to an upper PL future in a new 60k stadium. As such, many see Rooney as leading a long term change in their footballing fortune. How much patience will the goodwill towards the new owners buy Rooney, if he continues to offer poor results and a footballing style that was worse than Eustace's? How long will the owners give it if they're still stuck in the Championship for another few years?

• Like 1

They won't even touch anything even faintly to do with Villa, even if it's for charity. One guy kept having a go at the Acorns wristband I was wearing. I offered to buy and wear a Harry's band if he did the same with an Acorn one. Eff off was the reply.

Another one was running for a cancer charity in the London Marathon, when the best arrived it was claret and blue, be sent it back and didn't run for the charity. 

They really are summat else. 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Just now, turnbull said:

They won't even touch anything even faintly to do with Villa, even if it's for charity. One guy kept having a go at the Acorns wristband I was wearing. I offered to buy and wear a Harry's band if he did the same with an Acorn one. Eff off was the reply.

Another one was running for a cancer charity in the London Marathon, when the best arrived it was claret and blue, be sent it back and didn't run for the charity. 

They really are summat else. 

DVB

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sure there must be more to this story.

I've never been victim to GBH in the workplace for supporting a different team like

No, he hated villa, he was the 1st person I ever heard utter the words the only good viler is a dead one. 

I was pretty quiet and kept my head down when I was younger, these days I have so many come backs to people. It comes with age 🤣🤣

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I'm sure there is a rule saying that you are allowed to do this in the company handbook. If not there should be.

Needless to say I didn't get a full time job there 🤣🤣

But in all honesty it was what I needed at that point in my life (not the night in hospital) but it gave me the kick to stop been walked over.

But I have worked with Albion Fans. Wolves fans and even Stoke fans, most of then are good at banter. Bluenose fans... they are just special. Up there with Liverpool fans for giving it large but can't take it. Then show their class by insulting dead family members (have told that story before) 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, turnbull said:

when the vest arrived it was claret and blue, be sent it back and didn't run for the charity

And to think I represented my running club all those years in royal blue and white. 

FB_IMG_1700478058767.jpg

• Like 2

On 18/11/2023 at 15:26, luckyeddie said:

Guys like that feel insecure, you should have given him a compliment, like "nice tits".

Was he wearing Alex Scott's dress? ;)

• Haha 1

Â