Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The part where you seem to think it's a fact they will sell him this window just because you wrote it.

Which part of us being fans talking online that are only putting forward our opinions are you struggling with?

Where did I write they WILL sell him this window? I said they will sell him if the right offer comes in because they are a selling club.

I'm not the one name calling here think you may need to look at yourself when struggling with others putting forward an opinion.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Dreamland

yep

as good as we are and as poor as arsenal are right now you would still say arsenal have the ability to turn it around and are more likely to play CL football within the next 5 years than we are, we have nothing to offer them that arsenal cant so neither player would want to join us

add to that arsenal are shit right now but those 2 players are arguably their best 2 players, saka is the best of the bunch of the youngsters they have, we slap the £100m+ talk on grealish, arsenal would do the same with him comfortably, i think he's quality and he's versatile, bigger clubs than us would come calling if he was available, the PSGs and Man Citys included thats how good i think he can be, then tierney for me arsenal have a lot of chancers, a lot of high profile high paid players who then go missing, he's seemingly the exact opposite of that, puts a shift in every game, might not play well or make mistakes but he's turning up at least which is more than can be said for others, you dont sell that kind of player when you're in arsenals position, you sell half the squad before you sell him

i think the idea of saka and grealish playing together is great and i hope they get the chance to do it more for england but they will never do it at villa or arsenal

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Depends if he signs for us or not! 

Unironically hope we're back in for him, would still be practically the ideal signing to reinforce our attack. Only 24, pacy, technically skilled, can dribble, shoot and cross, can play comfortably and effectively anywhere in the attacking third so could drop into any of four different spots in our standard formation as needed. I believe he was ready to make the move, too, given his posting of My Friend Nakamba stuff + himself in a 6-year-old claret & blue Vitesse away kit, etc, sounded like it was mainly the Bremen suits screwing us around in the end trying to get more money. His contract is up 2022, so not much time left for them to cash in, maybe a good time to apply some pressure. Just coming back from an injury not unlike Barkley's, though, which is a little concerning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Missed his chance that one. Hopefully 'that' thread will never ever be resurrected!

While we need to be pragmatic, it does show that he wasn't all-in on the project and that's not the kind of character we really want IMO.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

While we need to be pragmatic, it does show that he wasn't all-in on the project and that's not the kind of character we really want IMO.

I get your point but do we really know what happened with Rashica? Does anyone know for sure that he rejected us? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anyone know for sure that he rejected us? 

Must be because he thought we were relegation fodder, and to be fair to him he had every right to think so.

Edited by villalad21

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I get your point but do we really know what happened with Rashica? Does anyone know for sure that he rejected us? 

Reports are we had a bid accepted and he had his eyes only on Leipzig then Leverkusen which is fair enough. We moved onto Traore