Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

I didn't realise Amavis contract was up. As for how he's doing, not sure can't say I've seen him play since he left. But his stats on Who Scored have him as one of the better performing LBs in Ligue 1. Not sure if that means much though. But on a free / limited spend? 

Bring him back, if he'd be willing to come that is. Would imagine we are quite attractive to most players at the moment..but ones that have been here recently at our worst? Not so sure they'll be excited to come back lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Those players went on to much better things after villa 

yeah i know, but tbh i prob still wouldnt with regard to Amavi.

edit: tbh, on a free, as long as his wages werent nuts, i prob would.

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t want Amavi back particularly but he was a rare bright spark in that particular crop of players we signed in the summer of 2015. 

Right players just wrong time with the wrong manager(s) and wrong owner.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t want Amavi back particularly but he was a rare bright spark in that particular crop of players we signed in the summer of 2015. 

You mean Gana, Veretout, Adama Traore and Jordan Ayew were flops?

They were all quality signings, it was the toxic atmosphere and lack of coordination in running the club that showed them up that year but I get what your saying re: Amavi

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't think we have a 30-40 mil budget for one player which Celtic wrongly think they should get for him.

If we were ever interested in him it would have been instead of Watkins. 

The only way I could ever see us getting him now would be some crazy player swap that included Wes.

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You mean Gana, Veretout, Adama Traore and Jordan Ayew were flops?

They were all quality signings, it was the toxic atmosphere and lack of coordination in running the club that showed them up that year but I get what your saying re: Amavi

to be fair, Amavi, Gana, Veretout, Traore and Ayew were all quality signings werent they, amazing how badly we messed up that season, what a state the club was in.

If we actually had the opportunity to settle and develop those players better and not be a total failure of a club (at the time), what a team we could have had.

although tbf, if what happened didnt happen, we wouldnt have NSWE, Purslow and Deano (and the other coaches), so i actually think however terrible it all was, we are in a much better place overall right now.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

I doubt we'll be looking to replace Targett in the first team and Amavi will be 27 in a couple of months coming into the peak of his career so will want games. If we sign a left back I think it will be a younger prospect that won't mind sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt we'll be looking to replace Targett in the first team and Amavi will be 27 in a couple of months coming into the peak of his career so will want games. If we sign a left back I think it will be a younger prospect that won't mind sitting on the bench.

I think it depends on where we finish this season. If we finish top 6-8 I can see us wanting a squad to genuinely challenge in all competitions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Wijndal of AZ