Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get Buendia is a good player but is he what we need? It’s not like we are struggling to create chances. 

I'd take Pukki for half of what Buendia would fetch. Someone who can bundle the ball into the net when given the chance. Give him an 18 month contract. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd love Villa to test Arsenal with a serious offer for Saka in January and/or the summer, he would be perfect for us.

They obviously wouldn't be looking to sell but they need a huge rebuild so would be good to tempt them with a big offer.

Yes, I like it. I reckon there are loads of players who would be tempted to come to the villa . Especially after what we did to Liverpool, Arsenal etc. They would love to play with Jack Grealish too. 
I think we need to think big and invest now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not scout, but I know enough about football to see what we're clearly missing. As for trusting Watkins, that's a bizarre comment to make. I think Watkins is great, but we have ONE quality striker. He can get suspended, injured or simply be off form. We need rotation options. The reason it's ideal to be someone that also can play wide is that it makes us more flexible and adaptable, and having a right winger with pace is something we desperately are missing. 

Secondly we had close to 30 finishes last match. It ended 0-0. Do you need more explanations than that, as to why we need more good finishers in this squad? 

I thought the pre requisite of pace was what we pursued traore with? I thought thats what we was getting.

through the middle we need movement and an ability to read the play and know what is coming...The coaches need to work with Ollie and the wingers and get better synchronisation.....its not far away.....just ,timing and positioning.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd love Villa to test Arsenal with a serious offer for Saka in January and/or the summer, he would be perfect for us.

They obviously wouldn't be looking to sell but they need a huge rebuild so would be good to tempt them with a big offer.

He'd cost an absolute fortune.  I guess if Arsenal get relegated there'd be a chance!  Would Sessegnon be a similar kind of signing?  I've not heard his name in ages, I'm not sure whether he just is one of those players who didn't turn out as good as everybody thought.  I'd definitely like us to sign a young attacking left back, I like the look of Chrisene but still a few years away probably.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He'd cost an absolute fortune.  I guess if Arsenal get relegated there'd be a chance!  Would Sessegnon be a similar kind of signing?  I've not heard his name in ages, I'm not sure whether he just is one of those players who didn't turn out as good as everybody thought.  I'd definitely like us to sign a young attacking left back, I like the look of Chrisene but still a few years away probably.

The kids.........Can't we force feed them or put them in a greenhouse.😀

Edited by TRO

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sessegnon scored today. On loan at a German club.

• Like 1

Lol I've obviously been living under a rock I've just found out that the French league has sort of collapsed. Or that some teams are desperate for money so I'd like us to get one or two from there. There's going to be a lot of value there.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Would have to be a huge offer of £40 million plus imo. We are not at stage yet.

I do agree he is gunna be a star and already a great player.

We need to be smart like Brighton were with Tariq Lamptey and try and pick up youngsters on the periphery of the sky 6 squads. Yasser Larouci is a talented Algerian LB at the bin dippers and been linked with Brighton & contract is up in the summer. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Would have to be a huge offer of £40 million plus imo. We are not at stage yet.

I do agree he is gunna be a star and already a great player.

We need to be smart like Brighton were with Tariq Lamptey and try and pick up youngsters on the periphery of the sky 6 squads. 

With all due respect when do we be at that stage? We absolutely smashed them Saka and Jack built up a very good rapport and combination for England. Saka would love it here instead of that sinking ship Arsenal.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We've been looking at a couple from Marseille I think, Morgan Sanson has been linked a few times over last 18 months so that might be one although Marseille doing well this season.

Given we've already signed from Lyon we obviously have the link there. Moussa Dembele's stock has actually fallen a bit in last 12 months, he dosen't start regularly for them anymore so wonder if 30-40m would tempt them. Tino Kadewere has come in for him and scored some big goals for them v PSG and Monaco in last few weeks but don't know if he's a major prospect. Also like all three of their Brazil midfielders aswell so perhaps Doug can have a word with Pacqueta or Guimaraes.

Scored again for Lyon tonight at Nice so one to keep an eye on.

Edit: I did a search for his name just to find when I posted and saw a few posters were talking about him last summer when he was top scorer for Le Harve in the French 2nd division so may have come on our radar then.

Edited by VillaChris

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

With all due respect when do we be at that stage? We absolutely smashed them Saka and Jack built up a very good rapport and combination for England. Saka would love it here instead of that sinking ship Arsenal.

If someone like Everton or Leicester comes in for him (like Everton have come in for Iwobi and Walcott in summers past) he'd go there I suspect especially if either finish top 6.

• Like 1

Jayden Braaf (Man City youngster) looks like he is about to leave in Jan. See that there are comparisons with Sancho leaving them a few years ago - he's also a winger. Would be an astute signing if we could get it done imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Slightly OT, but a lad i went to school with has just been appointed first team video scout at villa. Anyone know what a video scout entails?

I'd take a hazard guess and say it's got something to do with watching football replayed on television.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If someone like Everton or Leicester comes in for him (like Everton have come in for Iwobi and Walcott in summers past) he'd go there I suspect especially if either finish top 6.

Fair enough. I didn't think of that variable.