England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Has Trent Alexander Arnold shit in Southgate's tea or something? Why doesn't he play - wasn't he one of the highest assisters last season?

He's injured

But he doesn't start for him anyway, the 5 at the back should be partly designed to get the best out of TAA

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

England has always only needed a motivator primarily and tactician secondary.

The rest is taken care of by the people at St George’s Park these days.

I think he should be binned, however with a international tournament every summer for the next 3 years I think he is there for all of them.

This is a travesty if true

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always thought that about all international sides. 

Yea me too, you will never get enough time to do anything more than motivate and try and get the tactics right as the 90 mins progresses 

Edited by paul514

Didn’t Southgate switch to 5 at the back when it was in “fashion” it always struck he didn’t really understand why or how to use it though.

We should be looking to dominate the middle of the park against opponents of this quality, no disrespect intended, not playing an extra CB and Mount & Winks in the middle of the park.

And there’s the goal to paper over the cracks.

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

Didn’t Southgate switch to 5 at the back when it was in “fashion” it always struck he didn’t really understand why or how to use it though.

We should be looking to dominate the middle of the park against opponents of this quality, no disrespect intended, not playing an extra CB and Mount & Winks in the middle of the park.

And there’s the goal to paper over the cracks.

Indeed you almost never need 5 at the back. Someone for the middle would be best

Â