England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

The ITV guy being a bit cheeky with his “35 years since England beat Ireland” angle.  It’s been 32 years since Ireland beat England.  We barely play each other and if we do it’s inevitably a draw.  

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Lads, it's a friendly, it's not our first choice XI.

Agree but for friendlies youre looking for various combinations that you could then potentially see in the first team

For that reason I'm not convinced by a midfield 2 of Winks and Mount, that duo will never happen in a competitive game

Mings + Maguire will be interesting though because maguire will be first choice so of mings clicks with him that's he's best chance of staying in there 

For Jack it's disappointing that he has saka behind him rather than first choice Chilwell and DCL in front of him rather than kane 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Gareth Southgate referring to Joe Gomez as 'the boy' 😬

I got the impression that Klopp was not impressed from what Southgate said there. He also said he got injured because of the amount of games he had played and it would have happened where ever he was. I bet that pleased Klopp too 😂

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I got the impression that Klopp was not impressed from what Southgate said there. He also said he got injured because of the amount of games he had played and it would have happened where ever he was. I bet that pleased Klopp too 😂

I completely agree on all points, but I was actually thinking about the racial connotations of 'boy' given the context of this week . . .

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree but for friendlies youre looking for various combinations that you could then potentially see in the first team

For that reason I'm not convinced by a midfield 2 of Winks and Mount, that duo will never happen in a competitive game

Mings + Maguire will be interesting though because maguire will be first choice so of mings clicks with him that's he's best chance of staying in there 

For Jack it's disappointing that he has saka behind him rather than first choice Chilwell and DCL in front of him rather than kane 

Certainly agree that it's sad that Jack is clearly in either the second or third XI.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Must be weird for Jack tonight having played for Ireland all the way up to u21’s

He was only in the Irish system for about three seasons. He’s actually got more  U21 caps for England than he’s got for Ireland.  

• Like 2

Â