England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

my PE teacher did hardly any football at school, he thought that football was so accessible outside of school that he didnt really see the point, he's not wrong

and thinking about it what private school did he go to in stourbridge? the only one i can think of is oldswinford and that place lets in a certain percentage of non paying local kids each year

He went to the Priory in Edgbaston.

The one you mention in Old Swinford is a very strange school, I know a few who went there.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Southgate just said that he got injured and no one was around him. sounds like it might've been an acl then 

**** hell I thought this was the Grealish thread then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Ouch. 

Jack will play tomorrow then get 15 minutes in the other game or two. 3 games in a week is a **** joke though. No one gives a shit about the friendly surely

The friendly is apparently being played as FA signed deal with ITV for them to broadcast friendlies and two in March were scrapped so FA had to suddenly invent two so they don't have to compensate ITV.

For once I fully agree with Mourinho who correctly pointed out the nations league was invented to apparently replace all friendlies apart from ones just before international tournaments. Now we have worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

Jack will start tonight then won't get on the pitch for the other two of our games against Belgium and Iceland. I'm not that bothered if so, obviously I want him to become the focal point of the England side but it's not like most aren't recognising how good he is now and I don't want him to get injured.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wedge said:

Jack will start tonight then won't get on the pitch for the other two of our games against Belgium and Iceland. I'm not that bothered if so, obviously I want him to become the focal point of the England side but it's not like most aren't recognising how good he is now and I don't want him to get injured.

I would be happy with that, frankly. Maybe a short Cameo to add to his appearance tally. He is vital to us, so I don't want to see him injured or fatigued - want him to come back and take Brighton to pieces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The friendly is apparently being played as FA signed deal with ITV for them to broadcast friendlies and two in March were scrapped so FA had to suddenly invent two so they don't have to compensate ITV.

For once I fully agree with Mourinho who correctly pointed out the nations league was invented to apparently replace all friendlies apart from ones just before international tournaments. Now we have worst of both worlds.

I’m not sure it’s about money. ITV won’t have paid much to broadcast it. I imagine it will probably cost the FA money to put this on in an empty stadium. 

People clamouring for Jack to start tonight. I don't get it. Surely you want him starting a competitive game. You don't want another token friendly and then sit out the rest. I want that as a Villa fan obviously. A nice big rest period. But if Gareth is starting to take him seriously then he needs to be getting considerable minutes in the more meaningful fixtures.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

As an England fan I want another start and MOTM tonight, followed by two more exclusions as England are beaten soundly by a depleted Belgium and Iceland.

Then Southgate getting sacked at the end of next week, replaced by Potter and us winning Euro 2021 with Jack playing every minute and winning player of the tournament to go with his PFA POTY award and PL winners medal.

Fair :thumb:

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wasn't really paying attention but 3 internationals in a week? Really? I can see the managers getting pi**d off with this in fairness.

That they've scrambled around for and been forced in to playing Wales and ireland

I can believe waht VillaChris said in terms of itv and compensation, there's no other benefit for these games other than fulfilling pre corona contractual commitments, maybe not just itv it's nike, 3, EE and the other god knows how many partners the FA have, they'll do anything to keep the money 

17 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Southgate just said that he got injured and no one was around him. sounds like it might've been an acl then 

Sounds like the warm up exercises , I wonder if they stretch before they run / flex . 

Â