Weekends Football 25/27 September

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I’m not really sure what your argument is. It’s as blatant a penalty as you’ll ever see and it happened during the game. If the ball had gone out for a throw in it would have been pulled back for a penalty too.

The ref blew the final whistle at which point VAR told him he’d missed a penalty during that passage of play. It’s the correct decision and led to the correct result (albeit United deserved to be well beaten if Brighton could take their chances). 

Well I think we are going to completely disagree on this point, full time whistle goes and that’s the end of the game regardless imo.

Does it get restarted for a throw-in decision that is given the wrong way or a freekick? I bet I know the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Well I think we are going to completely disagree on this point, full time whistle goes and that’s the end of the game regardless imo.

Does it get restarted for a throw-in decision that is given the wrong way or a freekick? I bet I know the answer. 

But those decisions would never be looked at by VAR at any time in the game. If it was a red card that had been missed then it would be awarded even though the final whistle had blown too. 

Basically VAR works in exactly the same way for the last passage of play in a match as it does in any other passage of play as it should do. 

Edited by tom_avfc

So when lansbury scored against palace it was ruled out as the ref had blew the whistle and VAR couldn't intervene last season

But today the ref blows the whistle and it does?

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

So when lansbury scored against palace it was ruled out as the ref had blew the whistle and VAR couldn't intervene last season

The whistle had blown before the goal so the action after the whistle is void. The whistle blew after the handball so it was able to be looked at. 

If the corner had been taken and then the whistle blew, and then the handball, it wouldn't be looked at  

This isnt hard guys and it isnt controversial. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think the point in that incident was that he’d blown the whistle before the ball went in. Don’t get me started on that decision though as there were so many refereeing mistakes in that one incident.

The handball today happened way before the final whistle was blown so the ball was in play at the time.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The whistle had blown before the goal so the action after the whistle is void. The whistle blew after the handball so it was able to be looked at. 

If the corner had been taken and then the whistle blew, and then the handball, it wouldn't be looked at  

This isnt hard guys and it isnt controversial. 

Disagree. 

Â