Weekends Football 25/27 September

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How we did it v Arsenal was the template, get an early goal and then defend deep. Arsenal hardly had anything bar the header off the post while we had some good chances on counter attack late on in that game.

Hopefully that's how we'll play the top 6 from now on rather than tryint to out attack them for some reason.

I agree. Hopefully the new additions will add a different dimension too! 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Manure are ridiculously jammy. That's the 4th time Brighton hit the woodwork, could have had one or 2 red cards and at least another penalty against them as well.

For some reason with slow mo replays and VAR its suddenly become OK for defenders to run straight through the back of strikers, it's only a foul now if it's some kind of attempted tackle that takes their legs? 

Odd decisions, no coincidence in the favour of Yanaated. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

For some reason with slow mo replays and VAR its suddenly become OK for defenders to run straight through the back of strikers, it's only a foul now if it's some kind of attempted tackle that takes their legs? 

Odd decisions, no coincidence in the favour of Yanaated. 

It didn’t look a foul at full speed to me. That Connolly has been in on goal twice for Brighton and decided to go down rather than go for goal both times.

The second one against maguire is as obvious a dive as you’ll ever see and whilst the first one was less clear he still ran straight across Pogba completely ignoring the ball.

I’d like to see them a bit quicker to card people for diving to be honest (or playing for a foul or whatever people want to call it these days).

As an aside, how bad is Connolly’s finishing if he’d rather jump on the floor than take on a one on one?

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Utd deserve absolutely nothing from this game

They are conceding way too many chances, reminds me of how they started the season under Mourinho two years back and being cut open far too easily. Got Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton in next 5 games so think they'll be dropping plenty more points in next month.

Just now, PieFacE said:

That doesn't feel right to me. I'd be pissed off if that happened to Villa. surely you can't restart the game after the full time whistle has blown? 

Happened in Germany last season. The players were already in the dressing room and had to be called back onto the pitch.

But yeah, it's not right and Manure absolutely should not be allowed Fergie-time for until however long it takes them to score today.

• Like 2

Â