Season Tickets 2020/1

rbcuk

No season tickets this season which most of us already guessed that would be the case

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/Supporters-Update/?fbclid=IwAR3OeJ7XM6YjuYBsok2Rd1H5w-13tQQRzWRytYzv8tXxxqaKBnXXRjMHY5w

The club can confirm that there are no plans for season tickets to go on sale for 2020/21.

When a return of supporters to Villa Park is possible this season, tickets for any games will be sold via ballots of 2019/20 season ticket holders due to the limited capacities expected in the stadium.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, rbcuk said:

No season tickets this season which most of us already guessed that would be the case

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/Supporters-Update/?fbclid=IwAR3OeJ7XM6YjuYBsok2Rd1H5w-13tQQRzWRytYzv8tXxxqaKBnXXRjMHY5w

must be tough for non ST holders. literally no chance of a ticket unless you have a ST holder mate who a) can't make a game and b) is successful in a ballot

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

must be tough for non ST holders. literally no chance of a ticket unless you have a ST holder mate who a) can't make a game and b) is successful in a ballot

Aside from the those who can afford a season ticket or not, you have to reward loyalty programs like season tickets really.  Even holding back 10% for example for non-season ticket holders isnt fair to season tickets because a lot of them cant really afford a season ticket but save every penny they can to do it and some use the financing facility.

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Aside from the those who can afford a season ticket or not, you have to reward loyalty programs like season tickets really.  Even holding back 10% for example for non-season ticket holders isnt fair to season tickets because a lot of them cant really afford a season ticket but save every penny they can to do it and some use the financing facility.

totally agree, i just feel for non ST holders.

i kinda assumed that ST holders would have 2/3 games assigned to them this season and a few would be kept back for a free-for-all ballot

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of clubs including our own are currently trying to lobby government for the return of fans at sporting and cultural events.

It'd be really useful if you have a mo to sign this petition if you're of a mind to:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels

Football is a powerful tool of which allows a range of benefits such as employment, and other important aspects of life. Football can be associated with passion, emotion, excitement and dedication across the community. With Fans attending football games a range of economic benefits are there too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£14.95 a game 😂😂😂😂

Good luck with that

And I take it the money goes to the clubs as a share rather than old la liga esque individual TV deals? Because that's the beginning of the end 

and now they bring in this format, more and more games will be pay per view once Covid dies down, diluting already sky subscriptions value on paid sport within the subscription.  Using bad times to bring new payment methods to bring in more money and screwing the average person more and more.

In this time they should show them within the subscription not an additional price.  Clubs maybe hurting but not more than the average Joe but they still want to screw us.

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

£14.95 a game 😂😂😂😂

Good luck with that

And I take it the money goes to the clubs as a share rather than old la liga esque individual TV deals? Because that's the beginning of the end 

Well I won’t be paying for the pay per view games at all regardless of if it’s villa or not out of principle. It’s the beginning of the end i think with that method. Although am I right in thinking they tried pay per view games a few years back 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Well I won’t be paying for the pay per view games at all regardless of if it’s villa or not out of principle. It’s the beginning of the end i think with that method. Although am I right in thinking they tried pay per view games a few years back 

there were much fewer games overall. you had the midday sat game, but the sat eve game was PPV. since then the PL just charge more for the tv companies but give them more games

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe right thread but with no fans allowed back, Sky and BT wont show all the games so non TV games are going on pay per view with the money going to the clubs. 

Hopefully no one will buy it so the TV companies won't be airing them on ppv again. However if they did a season ticket for each team's games I believe this would be best. I don't mind paying for a Villa TV season ticket especially this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Yeah there used to be Prem Plus but it was far more reasonable at about a fiver a game.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£14.95 a game 😂😂😂😂

Good luck with that

Ridiculous fee. Half of that and people would consider it

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

and now they bring in this format, more and more games will be pay per view once Covid dies down, diluting already sky subscriptions value on paid sport within the subscription.  Using bad times to bring new payment methods to bring in more money and screwing the average person more and more.

In this time they should show them within the subscription not an additional price.  Clubs maybe hurting but not more than the average Joe but they still want to screw us.

Am I right in thinking that these pay per view games, will be the ones that have not been selected by Sky or BT?

If so, they wouldn't have been televised otherwise, if the clubs were unwilling to continue to let them be shown by Sky/BT/Amazon indefinitely without extra charge.

I wonder whether games selected by Sky or BT, will also be made available for PPV to those that have not got a subscription to either company? If not, there will still be games that are not available, unless a subscription is taken out to each of these companies.

For me, I like the idea that clubs want to make games that would otherwise not be televised available to the fans (as EFL clubs have done for £10) at this time. I can also understand that they need to be able to get some cash in during the coming months (when at best stadiums will be 25% full) and that their charge may not match what EFL clubs charge for their football. These games will also be available, I presume to season ticket holders and to none season ticket holders, who would not be able to attend limited capacity games (once they begin). 

I share your concern for what this may lead to in the future and I'm sure Sky and BT will see this as an opportunity to make more money out of the fans, rather than to make games available in the main, for the benefit of football supporters. Clubs are also likely to look at this, as a trial for making more from televised games in the future, than they currently do. Time will determine who benefits most from this in the long term, over the years it has not been fans too often though.

• Like 1

In Scotland fans of Premier league teams  can buy a virtual season ticket ,which means you get to watch all your teams home games on their tv station, if you want to watch them away from home you pay a fee to the home team ,normally between £15-£25  to watch the game.  My team Kilmarnock have charged  the same price as last season to watch Killie TV,  plus have guaranteed season ticket holders 19 walk in games once fans are allowed back into stadiums ,so say this season you get back for 9 games then  you can choose to have the price of the missing 10 games deducted from next season's ticket price.

• Thanks 1

Â