Season Tickets 2020/1

rbcuk

On 18/10/2020 at 21:40, DCJonah said:

I really don't think that its a surprise we've been so much better without fans. 

I love going to villa Park but as a fanbase at home, we really don't help our team as much as we should. 

The downward spiral of negativity created by Lerner had a big impact on the crowd and seemed to cement in. 

I hope when we return, we don't resort to some of the negativity we've been guilty of in the past. 

I am sorry but that is rubbish. Our home record in the Championship was good and the atmosphere in the 10 game winning run was unbelievable.

The reason why sometimes it was negative as that for about 5 years our team was utter  tripe, and yet we still averaged well over 30,000 every season. And that included one season in which we won 2 games and 3 seasons in the second tier. I would also say our away support is brilliant and one of the best in the country.  Most clubs home support nowadays t is quiet, the big teams demand wins and are not happy if this is not delivered. Arsenal for example has  complete crap home support apart from the Spurs match and occasional big game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rbcuk said:

That’s what we was saying, as no reason why they would need a picture and they said it was due to Covid....more like if we can’t go to a game we can’t give it to someone to use

so when we can return there will be a ballot, they need to make sure it's only the winners of the ballot that attend for purposes of track and trace

i would hope that once a vaccine is rolled out nationwide and the stadium is full, that these photos can be removed. if they insist on them remaining, then yes it's to stop you giving tickets to someone else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

so when we can return there will be a ballot, they need to make sure it's only the winners of the ballot that attend for purposes of track and trace

i would hope that once a vaccine is rolled out nationwide and the stadium is full, that these photos can be removed. if they insist on them remaining, then yes it's to stop you giving tickets to someone else

Yeah I get that, it’s after we are on about when things get back to normal like you have also said, just hope it’s just for a ballot and that’s all to prove it’s us on the season ticket then get rid of the pics as some games people can’t get to and if rather give it to a mate than let it go to waste 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Yeah I get that, it’s after we are on about when things get back to normal like you have also said, just hope it’s just for a ballot and that’s all to prove it’s us on the season ticket then get rid of the pics as some games people can’t get to and if rather give it to a mate than let it go to waste 

thing is that's where the ticket exchange comes in to play. you sell it via the club so it doesn't go to waste

dont get me wrong everyone does it, but it's technically not allowed

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

thing is that's where the ticket exchange comes in to play. you sell it via the club so it doesn't go to waste

dont get me wrong everyone does it, but it's technically not allowed

Hardly anyone uses that tbh, my mate ages ago put his ticket on it, didn’t get anyone to buy it

13 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Hardly anyone uses that tbh, my mate ages ago put his ticket on it, didn’t get anyone to buy it

really...most people i know have done it. did it a few times last season. ticket always sold within a couple of hours

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

really...most people i know have done it. did it a few times last season. ticket always sold within a couple of hours

That was last season when most home games was a sell out, had no chance when we was in the championship so it went unsold

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sorry but that is rubbish. Our home record in the Championship was good and the atmosphere in the 10 game winning run was unbelievable.

The reason why sometimes it was negative as that for about 5 years our team was utter  tripe, and yet we still averaged well over 30,000 every season. And that included one season in which we won 2 games and 3 seasons in the second tier. I would also say our away support is brilliant and one of the best in the country.  Most clubs home support nowadays t is quiet, the big teams demand wins and are not happy if this is not delivered. Arsenal for example has  complete crap home support apart from the Spurs match and occasional big game.

I didn't say it would mean we couldn't win at home and you're talking about a club record winning streak.

Our support isn't terrible, but there have been plenty of occasions where, like most clubs, when things aren't going great a lot of negativity comes in. 

The sarcastic cheers when a struggling player finally does something right. Cheering underperforming players because they've been subbed. The groans if we dare pass the ball backwards to keep possession. 

I didn't go down much in our promotion year, I'm sure it was different then. But I know from years of experience that the villa park crowd can really pile on the pressure. 

I stand by it, I'm not surprised we've been so much better since lockdown without the fans there. 

• Like 2

I haven't had a season ticket ever although when I lived I Brum I used to go to many games...

However since I live in Aberdeen I know a few season ticket holders at Aberdeen who have access on Red TV to watch the home games for free. Why is there nothing similar for you lot, is it simply due to the power of SKY?

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We've won 7 league championship s 7  fa cups , ,5 league cups - all in front of big crowds .

I think the £200m investment on players has more to do with us winning games.

If we still had Lerner - we'd have steer in goal and certainly not £28m Watkins up front....that's the difference.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 22:40, DCJonah said:

I really don't think that its a surprise we've been so much better without fans. 

I love going to villa Park but as a fanbase at home, we really don't help our team as much as we should. 

The downward spiral of negativity created by Lerner had a big impact on the crowd and seemed to cement in. 

I hope when we return, we don't resort to some of the negativity we've been guilty of in the past. 

Disagree.

I think something like 70 % of our wins last season came at Villa Park.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disagree.

I think something like 70 % of our wins last season came at Villa Park.

There’s an argument to say that there was possibly an advantage after lockdown because to some extent there was less pressure on the players. 

However now the pressure is lifted and with the huge momentum created by recent results, then crowds at Villa Park would be hugely positive.

Like you say even before lockdown we got something like 70% of our points at home. So the argument that no crowds at Villa Park is a good thing I don’t believe is true. It’s a false narrative as someone once famously said. 

6 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Yep I’ve given mine to my mates plenty of times, the mate I go with has given his to my other mates at times so We can still sit together when he’s not there. Neither of us are interested in making a Quick buck off it, we’ve already paid for it why shouldn’t we share it out.

Â