Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

There’s always a WTF moment with Bertie. 

It’s either: 

WTF - how’s he done that.

or

WTF - why has he done that. 

From the sublime to the ridiculous, he sure is entertaining. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

It’s either: 

or

Agreed. The archetypal "mercurial" winger. It's nice to have one or two. Its exciting.

39 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I actually disagree with this. I think he's generally very intelligent with his decision making in the final third.

I’d agree, with better guidance from the head coach and better coached players around him, this could be a case of the one we didn’t let her away. The damage done by poor managerial appointments can be immeasurable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

My son is starting to use the word literally in everything he says. I assume it's a school thing. This post is the perfect example of why it annoys me.

~210 minutes is less than 3 games worth of minutes. Hell so is 277 when you factor in that he didn't play a single full game so probably missed about 10 minutes of injury time. 

And even if I had used it the way you suggested I did. Language is fluid and The dictionary is descriptive not prescriptive. Literally does now also mean figuratively. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I actually disagree with this. I think he's generally very intelligent with his decision making in the final third.

Are you serious?? His decision making is awful.  Next you’ll be telling his cross field no look passing are a great bit of defending.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you serious?? His decision making is awful.  Next you’ll be telling his cross field no look passing are a great bit of defending.

Nah, not buying it at all mate. His decision making attacking wise is good. You don't get the goal contribution record he's got by having poor decision making.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wtf am I reading! I think I need to get out this thread until everyone has seen him play again.

I agree that he isn't better than Bailey. But he can do things Bailey can't and vice versa. They're both not as consistent as they could be and have until May to earn the trust of Emery.
Could be fun watching it unfold though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unusual to have such hyperbolic exaggeration on here. It isn't though really, do you think Emery would be looking to get him back in the squad if that were the case? He has a few moments, but then again most players do, especially creative wingers. That's often the cost of creativity and trying to make that moment of magic happen that's going to create a goal or goal scoring chance.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I agree that he isn't better than Bailey. But he can do things Bailey can't and vice versa. They're both not as consistent as they could be and have until May to earn the trust of Emery.
Could be fun watching it unfold though.

I don’t think there is anything that Bailey can do - That Bertie couldn’t do, but better, apart from maybe run fast.

Massive chance for him right now.  6 months work your bollocks off impress Unai and the world is yours Bert.

You have seen the otherside now of what awaits should you fail.

That alone should inspire him to produce the goods when given the chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

~210 minutes is less than 3 games worth of minutes. Hell so is 277 when you factor in that he didn't play a single full game so probably missed about 10 minutes of injury time. 

And even if I had used it the way you suggested I did. Language is fluid and The dictionary is descriptive not prescriptive. Literally does now also mean figuratively. 

Keep fighting the good fight mate. 

UTV.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Bertie is the perfect modern day footballer for the polarised society in which we live, in the sense that because he is capable of producing both the sublime and the ridiculous, he can be anything to anyone.

So, depending on your mood and how positive/angry/underappreciated/argumentative you are feeling, you can go on Villa Talk, express your opinion about Bertie and feel like you have won the internet.

For that reason alone, we should welcome him back because he may be garbage/better than Messi, but he is also doing wonders for our mental health and wellbeing.

Winning football matches, works wonders for my well being.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

It’s either: 

or

He plays jazz football. Spicy af.

Â