Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I don't mind people criticising Bert, as he does have some faults in his game, but anyone questioning his talent, is plain wrong. If you can't see how talented he is just from watching him, I wouldn't know what to tell you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a-k said:

18 year old with a handful of senior appearance vs a 26 year old who has played in Europe 20+ times. Not the same

The post was in response to criticism of moving Traore away from the first team. It encourages unwanted players to consider moving on instead of taking a hefty wage and still enjoying first team prestige. In Carney's case it earned us a sizeable fee instead of Carney being involved in the first team squad, leaving on a free and collecting a large sign on bonus, in lieu of Villa receiving a decent fee. I wasn't comparing the players, merely commenting on the 'bomb squad' technique.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

how would you even begin to describe someone like Brett Holman, Jordan Bowery, Leandro Bacuna, Micah Richards etc. 

Woah. Keep the great man’s name out of your mouth.

bowery_zpsb633ae25.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't mind people criticising Bert, as he does have some faults in his game, but anyone questioning his talent, is plain wrong. If you can't see how talented he is just from watching him, I wouldn't know what to tell you.

Nobody questions his talent. It’s everything else that is the problem. This is coming from his number one fan!

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody questions his talent. It’s everything else that is the problem. This is coming from his number one fan!

I think it's disrespectful that people call him injury prone or even lazy as both are bullshit. He is inconsistent like most widemen yet his numbers are good compared to say McNeil

Same people probably prefer to have a Shane Long/Darius Vassell type striker to a Berbatov or Giroud 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it's disrespectful that people call him injury prone or even lazy as both are bullshit. He is inconsistent like most widemen yet his numbers are good compared to say McNeil

Same people probably prefer to have a Shane Long/Darius Vassell type striker to a Berbatov or Giroud 😂

His numbers that strange season were better than the below. 

Mount, Neto, Eze, Richarlson, Tielemans,  Trossard, Jota, Fornals, Trent, Saka.  I could go on. 

Yet he looks like he has forgotten the basics of football most of the time.  

My conclusion to this is stats aren’t everything and he had a one off very good season in terms of stats.   He’s only 26, let’s see how the rest of his career pans out then we’ll talk.  If he is as good as you say he is he’s numbers will continue to show it. Especially in Turkey. If they do I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was very wrong about him. 

Btw It’s ok for people not to rate him. You don’t have to take it personally.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

His numbers that strange season were better than the below. 

Mount, Neto, Eze, Richarlson, Tielemans,  Trossard, Jota, Fornals, Trent, Saka.  I could go on. 

Yet he looks like he has forgotten the basics of football most of the time.  

My conclusion to this is stats aren’t everything and he had a one off very good season in terms of stats.   He’s only 26, let’s see how the rest of his career pans out then we’ll talk.  If he is as good as you say he is he’s numbers will continue to show it. Especially in Turkey. If they do I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was very wrong about him. 

Btw It’s ok for people not to rate him. You don’t have to take it personally.

He has had 3 really good seasons in his career out of maybe 7 full seasons. He has scored double figures twice in his career already 

• Like 1

Fans talk about how good he is and how disrespectful other fans are towards him yet they want him kept around as a 4th choice on the off chance we need him.  Nice way to treat a player. 

Who’s disrespecting who?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans talk about how good he and how disrespectful other fans are towards him yet they want him kept around as a 4th choice on the off chance we need him.  Nice way to treat a player. 

Who’s disrespecting who?

He probably fears being called a bottler like the Targett bashers aimed at him 😛

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans talk about how good he is and how disrespectful other fans are towards him yet they want him kept around as a 4th choice on the off chance we need him.  Nice way to treat a player. 

Who’s disrespecting who?

In a game like Bournemouth he would've been a good choice to come from the bench. I think he's very useful especially when we're trying to get back to a game. Now he's gone anyway, so I'll hope him the best wether he has a future with us or not. 

On 10/08/2022 at 16:53, avfc1982am said:

Bertie, Bertie Bertie.....If he had half the heart and desire levels that he has in skill he'd never have played for us and could've been lighting up the Bernabeu. Alas though, a gust of wind and.... "ouch, me ribs hurt". Hence Turkey.

Thanks for the memories and leaving ginger bollox De Bruyne on his arse too. Legend

This is very unfair. I'm assuming you're referring to the time he collided with the ad boards and bruised his rib that put him out for a whole game?

Certain players just seem to get this stigma about them that they just can't shake it seems. He's a silky foreign flair player so he obviously can't mix it up on a cold wet night in Stoke right.

Heart, desire, passion...buzz words that don't really mean anything but seem to be held in high regard at our club. It's why John McGinn is our captain and is seemingly undroppable now. Footballing ability is a bit further down the list of criteria.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If you had a choice of bringing on Traore or the 37 year old version of Ashley Young this season, who would you go for?

Exactly.

Is this supposed to be a slam dunk decision?

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If you had a choice of bringing on Traore or the 37 year old version of Ashley Young this season, who would you go for?

Exactly.

It depends am I bringing on to replace a right back or right forward? If a right back it'd be Young if it was a forward it would be Buendia 

Â