Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Great point, it's possible this aspect can help Coutinho (if Traore plays).

His first season wasn't inconsistent at all, stats below....

I know his goals and assist stats and they're good. I just personally prefer to look at expected assist and shot creation stats instead of assists and they don't paint as rosy a picture. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Because players are not bought on stats alone.  Why is there not a queue from other clubs to buy a player with 7 goals and 7 assists?

Yeah I do get that. But for me his performances were very good in that first season. He was always making something happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully after that PL return we should be able to sell him for £20m then?

Only we won't because he's not very good.

The club will accept a £10m bid as a massive win.

Not because he’s not good, but because of luck. He played less than 200 minutes, other clubs knows that he isn’t a first choice. Once they know a player isn’t wanted price drops. Basically we don’t sell at the right time. You need to sell before benching the player. The moment you know he’s not into you future plans. But we don’t, we keep them until they don’t have value. 
Anyway Traore is quality, he’d add a lot if he was kept. Probably not a starter but with 5 subs I think we’ll need him around. I’d loan Chuck and keep Traore for this season. 

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I know his goals and assist stats and they're good. I just personally prefer to look at expected assist and shot creation stats instead of assists and they don't paint as rosy a picture. 

Perhaps the best quote I've ever read on VT. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Because players are not bought on stats alone.  Why is there not a queue from other clubs to buy a player with 7 goals and 7 assists?

Presumably partly because he hasn’t managed to stay fit for a full year now… whether he’s here or elsewhere that is what’s important for him next season, more so than the stats.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I like to ignore actual stats and look at guesswork as well. 

The "guesswork stats" are more predictive of future performance than the standard numbers. It's why they exist and why the teams use them.

That said, as I mentioned earlier, I don't care what the numbers say or if Bertrand murders puppies in his sleep. As long as he scores an awesome goal once in a while, he's good with me. Every team needs the wild card capable of something magnificent once in a while. A touch of spice.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 08:58, Laughable Chimp said:

does spend large parts of the game being ineffective

I'm not even sure this is true. When he's on the ball, he's making something happen.

I watched a Villa Traore highlight reel the other day, even some of his more 'basic' passes were really clever. Freeing Grealish up into acres on a couple of occasions. And he also 'assisted the assister' with a couple of clever balls also. One reverse ball for Cash to then assist was quality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

For me - absolute quality

Goal against Utd was a cracker too, straight into the top corner. Lindelof was bemused. Not seen it included in any of these highlight reel videos.

Does a little dance for his celebration and McGinn just points at him rather than join in 😆

He’s such a talent and brings the entertainment factor - way too harshly criticised and underrated imo. 

That first half against Burnley, we looked like an amazing team with so much flair. In form Barkley, Grealish and Traore linking up and assisting Watkins was quite a sight to behold. Pity we threw the game away in that 2nd half 🤣 but typical Villa eh? 🤣

BT scored goals against some of the toughest opposition that season and they were all quality finishes. Was great against Chelsea in our last game too.

He’s a great option/backup for our little South American magicians imo, love that fancy footwork!

Just get/keep him fit and coach him right and we’ll have such an asset in the squad. What an option to have off the bench and maybe even starting occasionally if we can bring the best out of him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

For me - absolute quality

He can be fantastic but just couldn’t seem to string more than 2 games together without getting injured. Would definitely keep him one more season.

13 minutes ago, stegzy said:

He can be fantastic but just couldn’t seem to string more than 2 games together without getting injured. Would definitely keep him one more season.

His first season he played in 37 league games. But yeah last season was frustrating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I could watch this on a loop for a good few hours you know

So close to a goal of the season contender that. 

I really hope he stays injury free and we get to see more of him next season.  Be gutted to see him leave having not fulfilled his highlight reel potential

Â