Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I wouldn't mind sticking him up top.It's weird how he's never played striker for us despite him having ample experience in the position as well as having quite a decent goal return as well as a striker

Thought this recently myself. He has an incredible ability to hit a shot before anyone in the ground expects him to. It's mesmerising and very, very dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I wouldn't mind sticking him up top.It's weird how he's never played striker for us despite him having ample experience in the position as well as having quite a decent goal return as well as a striker

There's more to playing up top that striking a ball. It's often a selfless task nowadays and Traore who I wouldn't mind seeing start on the wing again is not a selfless runner is he.

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wish this guy would play more. He was excellent for a lot of last season. 

He had some excellent moments but was largely very poor. 

Im not surprised at all that he isn’t getting a look in, especially as we don’t play with wide men. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He had some excellent moments but was largely very poor. 

Im not surprised at all that he isn’t getting a look in, especially as we don’t play with wide men. 

He wasn’t largely poor , it’s piss poor management not to utilise this guy, your opinion of Bert is well Known it’s similar to the opinion you had of “the thin one” Bentancur who is probably the best January signing of 2022.

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He wasn’t largely poor , it’s piss poor management not to utilise this guy, your opinion of Bert is well Known it’s similar to the opinion you had of “the thin one” Bentancur who is probably the best January signing of 2022.

Bentancur is no better than Luiz in my opinion. If Luiz had a proper defensive midfielder alongside him like Hojberg then you’d see more from him. 

Traore was given a chance this season away at Brentford and it was arguably one of the worst individual displays this season. He’ll be sold in the Summer as he isn’t the answer and we won’t improve with him in the side.

Our recruitment is really hit and miss.

How many times has he been an unused sub since January. There's your answer. I know Digne keeps getting injured an we have to use Young as a sub but he's third off the rank compared to Bailey and Bunedia so that shows you where he is in the pecking order.

Not sure anyone will pay what we signed him for so might have to be a season long loan.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many times has he been an unused sub since January. There's your answer. I know Digne keeps getting injured an we have to use Young as a sub but he's third off the rank compared to Bailey and Bunedia so that shows you where he is in the pecking order.

Not sure anyone will pay what we signed him for so might have to be a season long loan.

In todays market he’s a bargain for what we paid for him

This guy is hit and miss but given everyone on the pitch is missing anyway we may as well get him on.

When he's on it he's a game changer but him and Bailey aren't going to get up to speed being sat on the bench watching Watk-Ings combo fail for the 20th time.

• Like 3

I think he is one of the players the 5 sub rule, and cup runs could benefit.

Problem is, you never know what you'll get with him.

It's a blessing and a curse.

It appears managers are shit scared of making certain subs as it is already.

He's not necessarily a " safe " option I think is how some might see it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

If people want Archer to be part of the squad next season, we will probably need to sacrifice a few of the fringe attackers in order to allow for that. There's also Philogene-Bidace to think about who is probably seen as a bigger prospect than Archer.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

If people want Archer to be part of the squad next season, we will probably need to sacrifice a few of the fringe attackers in order to allow for that. There's also Philogene-Bidace to think about who is probably seen as a bigger prospect than Archer.

I dont think JPB has a chance with this manager. From what I have seen he is a wide player hugging the touchline

No chance Gerrard plays him unless he is converted to another position 

The academy is to be a massive element of our future plans, if Gerrard won't play the youth or give them a chance then he be banished from his position in an instant.

Edited by useless

On 11/04/2022 at 00:50, Zatman said:

I dont think JPB has a chance with this manager. From what I have seen he is a wide player hugging the touchline

No chance Gerrard plays him unless he is converted to another position 

From what I've seen he's mostly played on the left of the front three as an inside forward at Stoke which is where I assume he'd fit under Gerrard.

Â