Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 05/02/2022 at 19:58, Kiwivillan said:

Ridiculous attempt at stats if not intentionally disingenuous considering how many of those would've been 5-10 min late subs. Do total minutes or per 90. He's made 42 PL appearances but per 90 only equates to 27.6 games 

To give you the benefit of the doubt 8 goals in 28 games is still only 3.5:1 , I'll give you the odd minutes/cameo's for free.....Thats still not as good as Ollie.

"One of the best goal contributions" is whats been contested.

contact wikipedia and tell them their stats are misleading.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

To give you the benefit of the doubt 8 goals in 28 games is still only 3.5:1 , I'll give you the odd minutes/cameo's for free.....Thats still not as good as Ollie.

You are including cup games. He had 3rd best goals per minutes played in the PL last season, behind El Ghazi (several were penalties) and Ollie (only 0.4 and 0.3 per 90 mins between 2nd and 3rd), and 2nd most assists per minutes played, behind Grealish. 

These are statistical facts. I don't know why you're comparing with Ollie as lone striker is always going to get more scoring opportunities. 

It's not wikipedia because that's useless for stats as doesn't take into account minutes played. Games appeared in is worthless measure

• Like 1

After watching this years AFCON i realised its not only traore. The games were full of players who looked like both messi and Heskey within the same dribble. So frustrating to watch. It does remind me of the thrill of seeing individual skill be cherished and not just be boring systems thou!

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Traore had 25.7 in total 90s last season. So his goals per 90 is 0.27 and his assists per 90 was 0.27 so he's 0.54 per 90 in terms of goal contributions in his first season with us. 

Watkins had 37 in total 90s. He had 0.38 and 0.14 per 90 goals and assists. So 0.52 goal contributions per 90. 

Edited by CVByrne

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You are including cup games. He had 3rd best goals per minutes played in the PL last season, behind El Ghazi (several were penalties) and Ollie (only 0.4 and 0.3 per 90 mins between 2nd and 3rd), and 2nd most assists per minutes played, behind Grealish. 

These are statistical facts. I don't know why you're comparing with Ollie as lone striker is always going to get more scoring opportunities. 

It's not wikipedia because that's useless for stats as doesn't take into account minutes played. Games appeared in is worthless measure

you are deviating away from the point, with pedantic stats......It was a generalization in response to " one of the best goal contributions"....I didn't agree.

You don't have to go in to micro mathematics to prove me wrong.

I don't think his goal contributions are up to much, thats my view...when he does score its usually a worldie, granted, but consistency No....He's a Maverick and thats my view.

The way you are going at it, you would be classifying every goal.

When you compare 2 strikers using goal ratio's even if it is, using a broad stick of goals v games.....it comes out about a close to valid as what general opinions will give.....I think you are looking too deep in to it.

If you don't agree....fine.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are deviating away from the point, with pedantic stats......It was a generalization in response to " one of the best goal contributions"....I didn't agree.

I don't think his goal contributions are up to much, thats my view...when he does score its usually a worldie, granted, but consistency No....He's a Maverick and thats my view.

When you compare 2 strikers using goal ratio's even if it is, using a broad stick of goals v games.....it comes out about a close to valid as what general opinions will give.....I think you are looking too deep in to it.

This isn't a debate of opinions. The stats clearly point to the fact that he was in the Top 3 for goal contributions last season. One of the previous posters even showed that he was better than Ollie at goal contributions per 90. 

Goals per appearances are a crap stat. You like it because it proves your point but that doesn't make it any less crappy. Bertrand for all his faults, and he definitely has a few, was the second best attacker we had after Jack. Given that we have struggled with chance creation under Steven he will be a definite credit to the squad if he comes back fit and firing after AFCON. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

But statistically he was 2nd only to Grealish last season in goal contributions per 90. So it's a legitimate opinion to say he was "one of the best goal contributors" because he clearly was. 

Grealish, Bert and Watkins each had over a goal or assist every 180 mins last season. 0.66, 0.54 & 0.52 per 90 to be exact.

They were the best goal contributors in our team 

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

This isn't a debate of opinions. The stats clearly point to the fact that he was in the Top 3 for goal contributions last season. One of the previous posters even showed that he was better than Ollie at goal contributions per 90. 

Goals per appearances are a crap stat. You like it because it proves your point but that doesn't make it any less crappy. Bertrand for all his faults, and he definitely has a few, was the second best attacker we had after Jack. Given that we have struggled with chance creation under Steven he will be a definite credit to the squad if he comes back fit and firing after AFCON. 

and you don't make an effort to prove yours.😀

I just don't buy the argument which you have chosen to join.....If Bert is one of our best contributors of goals, we have a problem.

I just don't agree with your view, so lets leave it there.

as for what he does in the future....we will see, won't we?

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But statistically he was 2nd only to Grealish last season in goal contributions per 90. So it's a legitimate opinion to say he was "one of the best goal contributors" because he clearly was. 

Grealish, Bert and Watkins each had over a goal or assist every 180 mins last season. 0.66, 0.54 & 0.52 per 90 to be exact.

They were the best goal contributors in our team 

In which case, it would follow, that as soon as he returns fit, he should be straight back in the side to continue his goal contributions....can't leave a player like that out can we?

To be fair, I was answering goals scored as contributions, not assists as contributions to goals...but hey ho.

I think I will go by, what the manager thinks and if he puts him back in due to his exceptional contributions, I will put my hands up....If he doesn't perhaps you can explain better, why we should dismiss, such a contribution.

Edited by TRO

Â