Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That whole thread is just dumb. Everyone's take boils down to "he plays for Aston Villa" without explicitly saying that. I've realised that the majority of football fans don't really watch football outside of their own (Sky 6) clubs. 

Which I guess fair enough, he doesn't play for a big club and in the CL etc which everyone knows is the true measure of a player's quality! But this reasoning falls flat because he does also play for a little country called Argentina, where he played an absolutely vital role in winning this obscure trophy called the World Cup. Call me crazy but I think that's worth more than Alison getting bopped out of the RO16 in the CL and finishing 2 places above Martinez's Villa.

Makes it weirder since the Ballon Dor winner himself plays for a team that finished 27th in the MLS

19 hours ago, est1874 said:

Pathetic take. I feel dumber for reading that tbh. Wtf is he even trying to say by "I think awards are supposed to showcase a moment in time"? 

No they're not? They're to, uh, award somebody for excellence? If it doesn't align with your twisted perspective, tough. Honestly, some people aren't worth the **** cells they're comprised of.

Tbf I agree with him, the award is supposed to be a snapshot in time

And at this time Emi martinez is the best GK in the world

The problem obviously is that that snapshot doesn't apply context, that context would then be that neuer and courtois missed a huge chunk of football injured, Ederson who I think is quality is a system keeper designed for man city's style of football and doesn't start for his national team because allison does who has had really poor periods of club for, de gea had the most clean sheets in the PL last year and currently doesn't have a club, I think sociedads keeper got the most in Spain, lazio keeper got it in Serie A, donnarumma didn't qualify for the WC*

Think the Sevilla keeper coming 3rd also says a lot, there's a lot of these so called big name keepers who did **** all in the last year

* I'm guessing it's 2023 but they take the last year so it includes the WC?? That's got to be the only reason messi won too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'll be honest I think he's tried to make that save look harder and better than it had to be.

There . I said it.

It's not a pile on. It's not anger. It's just sometimes the kind of keeper Emi is. 

It is what it is.

You know thats what i was thinking too. But why would you do this when you are 1 down? I mean he can't be that thick surely? Its a veey routine save ans he should be criticised for that as soon as that went in the players just look defeated.

If that was olsen he would get ruined so emi needs to stop doing **** ups like this.

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Cost me yet again more dreamteam points, what on earth was that 2nd goal awful keeping 

Imagine if you'd triple captained Haaland , he failed to score in a route, and got subbed off at half time?

Yes... That's what happened to me .

Fair to say my Football life has been terrible this week.

I am so disappointed in him today. That was so crap. It was clear he wanted to try make it look good from the cameras. If he goes with both hands it’s the easiest save he will ever make. Game would have been different if he didn’t make another mistake 

• Like 2

Very bad goalkeeping for the 2nd goal. Emi is a very good goalkeeper most of the time but he’s had a few howlers for us. Even the first goal he was slow getting across and then the OG last weekend (whether that was Konsa’s fault or his is debatable). 

We can’t keep a clean sheet to save our lives currently and I think part of that is Emi is not playing well currently. Both their goals came from outside the box today.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great to see you showed your the world's best keeper with such a **** howler today.

Keepers make mistakes ffs. He didnt intentionally throw it in. He saved us more than he lost us points

Unless you want Olsen to start next game?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Keepers make mistakes ffs. He didnt intentionally throw it in. He saved us more than he lost us points

Unless you want Olsen to start next game?

No im criticising him a fatal error thats cost us the game, that is allowed?

Or shall we only criticise olsen when he does it?

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I forgot how these threads get childish and embarrassing straight after a loss 😂

Emi was the greatest thing since sliced bread on Wednesday

Yep

Today was the right day to get it out the way, not a keeper that makes a lot of mistakes but they all do

Â