Emiliano Martínez

hippo

14 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Disgraceful performance from Martinez in the second half 😂

I was convinced he was going to pick up a yellow for timewasting shithousery in the second half so wasted some of my hard-earned on the 3/1 that Bet365 were offering.

Then he decides to play the second half like prime McGrath, chipping the ball out, instead of rolling around like a good boy !

I want my money back 😢

Haha he’s an absolute master of his craft. 

• Like 3

He’s simply amazing and often overlooked by external observers. Successful teams of the past have all had outstanding goalkeepers, and often big characters. Emi has come to us at the perfect time, our comeback trajectory is aligned nicely and I’m sure we can fulfil his ambitions of Champions League football and more trophies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt been booked yet

Partly because the ref last night was brilliant. He had the respect of the players so when he spoke to emi and in no uncertain terms gave him his warning to cut out the timewasting he cut out the timewasting (relative to his usual levels granted)

Often times the first warning emi gets is the yellow card

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

Partly because the ref last night was brilliant. He had the respect of the players so when he spoke to emi and in no uncertain terms gave him his warning to cut out the timewasting he cut out the timewasting (relative to his usual levels granted)

That ref really was a breath of fresh air. They say the best refs are the ones you don’t really notice and I can only really remember him gesturing to his chest after Bailey’s goal. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think in Europe the referees are a lot better which helps

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The moment in the first half when he had the ball at his feet and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited .

It was like who blinks first loses. And they did. Psychological warfare.  It said i will wait here for 30 mins and not give a shit. 

Anyone have a video of this? I saw it live, thought it was hilarious 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The moment in the first half when he had the ball at his feet and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited .

It was like who blinks first loses. And they did. Psychological warfare.  It said i will wait here for 30 mins and not give a shit. 

Never seen anything like it, not for that long anyway 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think in Europe the referees are a lot better which helps

European football being played at a slower pace also helps. PL should probably experiment with 2 refs, one for each half.  Given the pace of play in the PL, asking a middle aged ref to keep up with some of the fittest world athletes is always going to be an issue. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That ref really was a breath of fresh air. They say the best refs are the ones you don’t really notice and I can only really remember him gesturing to his chest after Bailey’s goal. 

And even then it was him indicating what turned out to be the correct decision. He put in a fantastic performance I can't remember a single game where a PL ref has even put in close to that good a performance. Even in games we dominate too often fouls in transition don't receive the booking they are supposed to. Players get away with 4 or 5 hacks becfore receiving a card etc. 

• Like 1

Â