Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Oaks said:

Is everyone done trying to sell him yet?

No one was trying to sell him, don't think there was anyone who actually wants him gone.  

Just a dose of realism that a World Cup winning keeper might be wanted by other clubs.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No one was trying to sell him, don't think there was anyone who actually wants him gone.  

Just a dose of realism that a World Cup winning keeper might be wanted by other clubs.

As soon as there is a "new pocket in town, Fagin wants to pick it, my boy"

They "The Elite" want ever bit of success, we develop.

It will take strong owners and a strong resolve for us to resist these predators.

27 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Is everyone done trying to sell him yet?

Of course not. 

Just read an article on Google news that his agent is trying to move him on in January to a chumpions league club. 

Totally ignoring the fact he's on a five year contract. 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Of course not. 

Just read an article on Google news that his agent is trying to move him on in January to a chumpions league club. 

Totally ignoring the fact he's on a five year contract.

At least the agent had the good sense to acknowledge there's maybe 6 clubs who can currently afford him. I really don't think it's the done thing that people seem to think it is.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The noise surrounding Emi's so called antics at the World cup final, is unbelievable ......

1. Whats stopping any other Goal keeper doing the same.
  2. For years SAF found ways of winning at all costs......How many players can we name, who does exactly that?
  3. Its ok for takers of a penalty, to do a hop skip and a jump, or a quick, quick slow routine, and celebrate.....but not a Goal keeper.

I think the folk who criticise Emi, should think a bit broader.

If the officials grant it, its ok, if they don't, Emi will have to think again.

At the end of the day, he is a big unit, that reacts very quickly to keeping the ball out......maybe they need to look at that, a bit more.

I think most of the noise is self generated by Villa fans getting their knickers in a twist. He is on a massive contract. He ain't going nowhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Short of Oblak leaving Atletico, most of the elite clubs have their goalkeeping ranks covered. They aren’t going to spend what it would cost them to sign him. 

Let’s hope United sign Oblak, that would rule them out.

• Like 1

Â