The AVFC FFP thread

The QPR case just continues to show FFP as the joke it is. 

‘We’re going to bring in rules to prevent clubs from spending too much and getting into financial difficulties. Break those rules and we’re going to issue a bloody big monetary penalty to force that club to spend even more money than they have done already’.

Great logic! 

20 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

The QPR case just continues to show FFP as the joke it is. 

‘We’re going to bring in rules to prevent clubs from spending too much and getting into financial difficulties. Break those rules and we’re going to issue a bloody big monetary penalty to force that club to spend even more money than they have done already’.

Great logic! 

Yeah let's bankrupt the club's! What a mockery

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fifamad said:

FFP is a load of bollocks. That is all. 

You say that, I say that, MOST people say that.

I just googled to see if there is a campaign to get rid of it.....and there isn't!

Hows that even possible? Almost no one likes it and there's a campaign for anything these days.

A nice article here on QPR and their FFP fine for those interested. A good insight from a very knowledgable guy. 

As others have mentioned, I believe there has been a rule change now, where points can be docked, so we need to be seen to be playing ball, rather than sticking two fingers up to FFP. 

In my opinion we will play ball and escape any FFP punishment. Whilst retaining Grealish I’ll add! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

A nice article here on QPR and their FFP fine for those interested. A good insight from a very knowledgable guy. 

As others have mentioned, I believe there has been a rule change now, where points can be docked, so we need to be seen to be playing ball, rather than sticking two fingers up to FFP. 

In my opinion we will play ball and escape any FFP punishment. Whilst retaining Grealish I’ll add! 

Theres no point keeping him if we don't go up this year as he wouldnt sign a new deal and be in his last year.

So... with Bruce's comments on Grealish, Chester and Kodjia not being for sale...

Either 1) We aren't as bad with FFP as was predicted

2) The owners (sorry, "investors") have a glorious plan

3) We're going to roll the dice double or quits

Which is it?

• Like 1

If I have understood the QPR “fine” of £42m, that headline figure is rubbish. Half of that £42m is the EFL making the owners write of £21m of their loans to the club, which is not a fine basically allowing them to plough money in. Have I got that wrong?

Â