U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Birmingham Mail saying that Barry is back in contention for tomorrow's U23 game against Norwich.

Also says that Jon Whitney is now part of the backroom staff, he was Smith's assistant at Walsall for a period and then was their first team manager between 2016 and 2018.

• Thanks 1

Yeah saw that. One of the things I'm most looking forward to this season will be the progress made by Barry. Finding out just how good he is, and if he can get on or near the senior bench by season's end.

• Like 3

I imagine if what Purslow says goes and it looks like it with the new signings, we have every chance of getting beaten fairly regularly.  A load of 16 year olds up against 21, 22, 23 year olds and some overage players means that, even if they are the best 16 year olds in the country, we are going to struggle.  But I absolutely get why he wants to be there and it is more important we are getting one quality player a year out of the youth system than winning youth cups.

• Like 1

Team for the Norwich game...

Onódi, Burton, Dominic Revan, Bridge, Sebastian Revan, Guy, Brunt, Aaron Ramsey, Wright, Philogene-Bidace, Archer.

Subs: Marshall, Sohna, Farr, Sturridge, Barry...

I think there's going to be text updates on this page on the official site.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Stats updated. Philogene-Bidace continues his goalscoring start to the season. Louie Barry comes off the bench. Sinisalo missing with Onodi starting and Mars(c?)hall on the bench. Next up are Reading next Monday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2