Team news has arrived!

We're:

--------------------------------------Onodi--------------------------------

Kesler----------- Revan------------ Bridge-------------- Revan

Wright- Brunt- A.Ramsey -Chukwuemeka -Sturridge

---------------------------------------Barry-------------------------------

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Marschall is starting at left back I think. We must have lost a Revan in the warm up.

He's a new name on me.

I thought Marschall was Filip Marschall and was a goalkeeper? Might be wrong as only dimly remember that

Yes he is a GK

Aston Villa have signed teenage goalkeeper Filip Marschall from Cambridge City.

Just 15, Marschall is tipped for a bright future and has been snapped up by the claret and blues.

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You're right about Marschall - it's Jack Walker.

Seb Revan not playing.

Our on the ball OS don't even have Walker named on the bench.

Ha ha, classic OS. He’s a new name on me I think... 

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Marschall is starting at left back I think. We must have lost a Revan in the warm up.

He's a new name on me.

Marschall is a goalkeeper. What's happening?

0-0- half time - it's a decent game in terrible weather.

Kesler and Chukwuemeka have been excellent for us - Kesler is just quality, he's able to play really high up the pitch tonight - when we're in possession, Brunt drops into the back line and almost becomes a third centre back so that the full backs can get forward and he's been excellent.

Chukwuemeka is developing really nicely he looks a little more powerful and it's brought composure and confidence - at times he's dominated the midfield and some of his play going forward has been really top quality.

Beyond those two, we've done pretty well, happy to report that Barry looks a little bigger and a little stronger - he and Wright have done okay down the flanks without it quite coming off - Sturridge has been willing but not had a chance yet and Ramsey has had some nice moments. 

Back four don't look bad - Lazarus Walker has done a decent job against difficult opposition.

Former Villa youth keeper Henderson is in goal for Palace who are the fifteenth club of his career - even ignoring that, their squad has a lot more experience than ours, but I reckon we just about edged that first half - there's certainly a lot more urgency than last night's lot!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

It seems Walker is at left back.

Yep. He's wearing twelve which was listed as Marschall's number on the teamsheet - whereas Walker wasn't listed among the subs at all.

The dopey Palace commentator referred to him as Revan early on and said that they were brothers and his co-commentator said "Twins?"

Erm......

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Finished 1-0.

In fairness, I think we deserved it - Kesler was the best player on the pitch, Chukwuemeka caught the eye, Tyreik Wright scored a nice goal stroked into the bottom corner from the edge of the box and the team put in a massive amount of energy and effort.

A word for unsung hero Lewis Brunt who I thought tidied up brilliantly and Dom Revan who other than one mistake was excellent.

Really good performance over ninety minutes.

Agree that Kesler was MOTM.

I thought Bridge distributed well most of the time and looked suitably calm, but still some sloppy passes. Wright did really well for the goal, finishing off a move he started, but was otherwise fairly anonymous. Brunt was good. I thought Chukwuemeka, Barry & DJ C-S all looked a bit outmatched, but they're at the start of their journeys at this level.

Some interesting looking players for Palace too: I really liked the look of Pierrick, who made things happen throughout the match, James Taylor was very tidy, and they brought on a kid called Flanagan who caused all sorts of bother towards the end.

Finally, a word for Palace, who did a fine job making a good-quality broadcast available to everyone for a cheap price, with both a commentator and Mark Bright providing good summarising as well. This is what I was talking about over the summer when I was moaning that we don't, as a club, do a great job pushing interest in our youth teams and players. That offering was not just a cut above ours, but more like ten cuts above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2