U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

First half awful but Much better in the second half. 
defence was very dodgy overall and attack not much better but we have a fantastic midfield trio in Ramsey x2 and Chuk, with Chuk being the pick of the bunch today. Louie Barry did start showing as well before he went off injured. Hopefully the team will get better once our new signings are intergrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, stegzy said:

First half awful but Much better in the second half. 
defence was very dodgy overall and attack not much better but we have a fantastic midfield trio in Ramsey x2 and Chuk, with Chuk being the pick of the bunch today. Louie Barry did start showing as well before he went off injured. Hopefully the team will get better once our new signings are intergrated.

Sadly couldn't watch today, so thanks for the report. From the stats I've seen, we had very little possession, so it's interesting to read that Chuk and the Ramseys played well. From what I've seen, they (along with Barry) are the ones who could make it from those who played tonight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Shocking defending but it’s all part of their learning curve, they’ll become better because of it

Yeah, that's some of the worst defending I've seen for a good while. As you say, you hope they will learn from it. But it won't do any favours to anyone's prospects of being loaned, if that was on the cards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that's some of the worst defending I've seen for a good while. As you say, you hope they will learn from it. But it won't do any favours to anyone's prospects of being loaned, if that was on the cards.

I agree with you HanoiVillan

With the England-Scotland U19 game being cancelled at half time following a positive test, I wonder if Kesler and anyone else involved might have to isolate for 14 days. 

It'd be shambolic if players on international duty now had to miss games because the FA couldn't get their testing in order

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the England-Scotland U19 game being cancelled at half time following a positive test, I wonder if Kesler and anyone else involved might have to isolate for 14 days. 

It'd be shambolic if players on international duty now had to miss games because the FA couldn't get their testing in order

I would put nothing past them. I guess it depends on whether they can ascertain how much contact the individual had with everyone. This is the new reality. I'm still worried we'll get it from beating a covid-filled Liverpool on Sunday.

It was Billy Stark Scotland's U19 manager that tested positive, the game scheduled for this Sunday has also been cancelled.

Next U23 game is against Wolves on the 19th of this month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some Friday results updated.  Norwich continue their blistering start to the season with their 3rd straight home win and Reading go 4th with a win over Leeds.

4 early kickoffs today after the international break, of which we are 1.

Wolves v Villa (1pm)
Sunderland v Boro (1pm)
Newcastle v Fulham (1pm)
Burnley v Palace (2pm)

A new name in the line-up.  17 year old English centre mid, Mamadou Dialla Sylla. Callum Rowe makes his return to the U23s this season with a spot on the bench too.

I think the centre halves have done okay, Wright has been useful, Ramsey has been very good, but the star of the show for me is Chukwuemeka who has been outstanding. 

Onodi looks occasionally shaky, Kesler is making positional errors, Sturridge and Barry are struggling to make an impact.

Very even game - sadly I'll miss the second half for a meeting - you chaps can look forward to JPB coming on and dazzling for the last twenty minutes.

• Like 2

Just what I was looking for - great to have more Villa content after last night's match.

I really wish the club would provide similar broadcasts of the U23 & U18s. Not sure why we  are so reluctant to provide streams of our friendlies and youth matches.