Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

What's your rank now? 

My best ever season and I'm still 120 points behind you. Well done bud. 

3.5k now. A lot of luck in this game, I haven't had any huge issues throughout the season as you can tell if I still have my 2nd WC to play! Used the first in GW5 as well.

The second half of this season has been very template, it's hard to get that big boost up the ranks because the template team has just been rewarded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I was wondering about transfer hits in the top 100 ranks.

The most is 68pts in 33rd place.

11th place has had no transfer hits this season.

Just goes to show, transfer hit strategies will not determine your season. Getting the transfer right will.

5d9c2183c3836f5817323e177bcd60b0.png

If you could take the top x active accounts at the end of season and group them by total hits taken (-4, -8 etc) then weighted them to average position I'd like to see what the most optimal hit strategy is.

The data must be available in an excel file somewhere I'd imagine.

Took a -8 but it was nearly a very different one. Strongly considered various combinations involving Dias, Stones, Aguero, Mahrez and Foden. Luckily I chickened out and went for DCL, Lingard and Dallas.

That fraudulent bastard has even rotated Ederson. **** Ederson!

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Took my -8

Dias and Mahrez on the bench. **** my life

-8 and went City? You madman.

I ended up with just Mahrez figuring he may be on pens/corners/freekicks and I couldn't trust the others. Plus it was likely a short stay for City players anyway. This is what you get for going against the template 😔.

I captained Kane and Salah is 170% EO so that won't be a fun watch if Kane bricks the game before him.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

-8 and went City? You madman.

Nah I already had Dias. 

I went Digne, DCL and Mahrez. 

Should have gone Son but I wanted to gamble chasing an Upside. Ah well

I considered getting City players like Dias, Mahrez or Foden. Then I remembered Pep is an unpredictable git and got DCL, Meslier, Dallas and Antonio. 

Very glad to see Sterling and Stones do nothing for the guy chasing me in the work league on his FH after his BB hit 165 odd last week. 

I like this period. The calm before the storm where the leagues are currently in a state of 'did you own Cancelo or not' and I did 😛

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

A lot of hits this week, I managed to jump 15% in rank without a ball being kicked.

#3 overall brought Ederson in for a hit 😬

2 hours ago, BOF said:

#3 overall brought Ederson in for a hit 😬

I was very close to doing this instead of Digne. Then I saw those Carson rumour which I assumed were nonsense but it was enough to scare me away!

Well somehow that was my 2nd best GW rank of the season and my -8 yielded 23pts and a climb to 141k. The dilemma now is whether I sell Jota or Watkins. Ollie was out the door this week for Bamford and I still might do that. It's not a big deal having a 0% fit Jota on your bench for the final 2 weeks of the season.  It just depends whether I think I'll get more points bringing in a midfielder or a striker.

There's also that Bruno minefield versus Fulham now that he's gone from my squad *gulp* :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well somehow that was my 2nd best GW rank of the season and my -8 yielded 23pts and a climb to 141k. The dilemma now is whether I sell Jota or Watkins. Ollie was out the door this week for Bamford and I still might do that. It's not a big deal having a 0% fit Jota on your bench for the final 2 weeks of the season.  It just depends whether I think I'll get more points bringing in a midfielder or a striker.

There's also that Bruno minefield versus Fulham now that he's gone from my squad *gulp* :) 

My -8 yielded -4 :D

Mahrez (0), Digne (2) and DCL (2)

Literally would have been better off leaving players who blanked in!

Mitchell first sub gave me a green arrow or else it would have been a breakeven week for me. 61 points with no hits and average hit in the top 10k was 3.51 points!

Bit annoying to sort of guess correctly how the Spurs and Pool games would go but lose the Kane v Salah captain battle. Kane with his 1.7 xG v Salah 0.3 xG and Salah comes out on top.

Up to 2.1k rank and my team is pretty much set for next week, was hoping to hold 2 transfer going into the final week but I may have to ditch Bamford.

Anyone holding their City players now? Mahrez surely has to play the next game along with a number of others.