Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

It is indeed. In better news you have a new highest points total ever.

Yeah that's a small positive. But in 3 or 4 weeks I've gone from chasing a top 100k finish for the first time, to probably my worst finish for 5 years. Certainly the worst finish since I actually started taking FPL seriously

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's a small positive. But in 3 or 4 weeks I've gone from chasing a top 100k finish for the first time, to probably my worst finish for 5 years. Certainly the worst finish since I actually started taking FPL seriously

Same boat for me. 

I should be ecstatic about my overall rank as it's my best ever but two poor weeks in a row and seeing my Lead in the work league go from 120 points to 50 is just depressing. 

Final week will be a good one though. 

My decision boils down to which fire to put out with the biggest realistic upside. Cancelo, Jota or DCL. I'll have a look at who still has something to play for, but it's just as likely someone on their way out, like Pereira, will want to go out with a bang, so it'll be down to dumb luck.  

I really want to do Kane to Aguero this week and captain Aguero. It's stupid, and it's destined to fail, and I have far more sensible things I can do. But It's a hail mary

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I really want to do Kane to Aguero this week and captain Aguero. It's stupid, and it's destined to fail, and I have far more sensible things I can do. But It's a hail mary

His final home game for City and in front of fans. It's certainly set up for him. We've seen Pep is not against sentimental team selections. Whether he does the biz is another matter but my money would be on him starting. Not that I'd ever back Pep roulette.

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

His final home game for City and in front of fans. It's certainly set up for him. We've seen Pep is not against sentimental team selections. Whether he does the biz is another matter but my money would be on him starting. Not that I'd ever back Pep roulette.

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

Only thing I would say is Kane is going for the golden boot.

Yep both considerations, it's very tempting. I wouldn't be doing it if I was fighting for a league win or a PB. But I'm so far back it would be fun to try.

But seeing as my team contains Dias, Mahrez, Greenwood, Shaw and mendy, all of whom have a chance of not playing, the sensible move would be to replace one of those.

I think i'm going to go Dias to Robertson and then ponder a hit for Aguero (or DCL for Bamford)

Just read that Meslier won't play on Sunday, that's very tilting as I got him in just for this last game of the season when Pickford has City away. I'm probably forced to use a transfer here. 

Mahrez might not play so he may have to come out. Calvert Lewin will end up surviving again, he's been in my team almost all season and has 5 goals since GW12, that is horrendous. I really wanted Antonio so may have to re-think what to do.

Saint Max has a calf issue so can't even rely on a decent bench player to come on. Glad I have 2 free transfers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Just read that Meslier won't play on Sunday, that's very tilting as I got him in just for this last game of the season when Pickford has City away. I'm probably forced to use a transfer here. 

Mahrez might not play so he may have to come out. Calvert Lewin will end up surviving again, he's been in my team almost all season and has 5 goals since GW12, that is horrendous. I really wanted Antonio so may have to re-think what to do.

Saint Max has a calf issue so can't even rely on a decent bench player to come on. Glad I have 2 free transfers.

Where'd you see that about Meslier? I've got him in too. 

Would rather not use my FT to get rid if I didn't have to. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Casilla played the last game and Bielsa said something about he wants Casilla to finish the season in goal

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

de9510c33d2cf37781662df248435241.png

I assume its accurate, actually could be a bit of a headache picking the team for Sunday now with these silly rotations. 

I think we may get some early leaks so I'll be holding off my changes until the last minute. Bruno is highly owned so I imagine he comes out for most people, maybe a pretty heavy week for hits again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'll be hanging on for around 15 mins before deadline to see if we get early team news. I'll likely do Meslier > Casilla and Calvert Lewin > Antonio, that will leave me with Mahrez or Saint Max. I'm thinking Mahrez will either start or not play at all so likely to just plug him in and if all else fails hope Saint Max plays.

Salah captain for me but that Spurs game has to be a complete goalfest, would be a good punt to go Kane or Son if you wanted to make up ground.

I think the FPL site actually crashed last season on the final day, so don't leave any changes too late.

Edited by AndyM3000

A 15k drop this week to end on 134k overall. 

A respectable score and my highest ever finish but seeing as I was 65k about 3 weeks ago I'm a little disappointed to have dropped out of the top 100k.

I'll just have to make sure that I win the thing next season. 

Missed out on the top 1k, bad week, actually went backwards a couple hundred places. Looks like its a 1.7k finish for me, best to date but I only took this seriously since last years lockdown, will be a challenge to beat that over the next few years!

That WBA goal in the last minute killed me, huge error by Phillips as well. Had Dallas and Casilla on a 8 and 9 pointer cut to 5 points total. West Ham scored 3 and zero involvement for Antonio or Lingard, small margins.

• Like 1