Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Need to get rid of Zaha, leaves me 7.5mil. Any suggestions? Not a big fan of any of the options within that price range for the DGWers over the next two weeks. Of course there's Gundogan, but surely he's gotta be coming back down to earth soon??

Maybe Mount? CHE have some nice fixtures coming up...will probably Free Hit for DGW26, so not looking at fixtures for that GW.

Is it just for the double or for a few weeks? I'm looking to pick up Raphina next week for Leeds double and then hold him for GW29 blank. 

Oh also Palace have failed to score in any game this season in which Zaha hasn't played. So those of us who have picked up Pope for the doubles this week should hopefully be in luck!

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh also Palace have failed to score in any game this season in which Zaha hasn't played. So those of us who have picked up Pope for the doubles this week should hopefully be in luck!

Just remains to be seen whether you've got the stones to captain him :) You would think Pope is getting double figures this week. So it's a relatively 'safe' 20 pts.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just remains to be seen whether you've got the stones to captain him :) You would think Pope is getting double figures this week. So it's a relatively 'safe' 20 pts.

I think he's a genuine option. I think I'll be going Gundogan though, even though he'll probably be rotated. I just can't look past the numbers he's putting up.

Not that it matters. Pope would blank if I captained him. He'll haul if I don't.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he's a genuine option. I think I'll be going Gundogan though, even though he'll probably be rotated. I just can't look past the numbers he's putting up.

Not that it matters. Pope would blank if I captained him. He'll haul if I don't.

Yeah he's definitely an option. I also think I'll be going with an attacking threat though. I'm currently on Gundog, but I'm seriously considering moving it to Sterling for both the differential factor and the higher ceiling. Chasing the upside I believe they call it in the twittersphere. Sterling tends to haul like a mudrafugger once he starts picking up points and he seems to be in a purple patch at the moment.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah he's definitely an option. I also think I'll be going with an attacking threat though. I'm currently on Gundog, but I'm seriously considering moving it to Sterling for both the differential factor and the higher ceiling. Chasing the upside I believe they call it in the twittersphere. Sterling tends to haul like a mudrafugger once he starts picking up points and he seems to be in a purple patch at the moment.

If I owned Sterling I'd be captaining him for sure.

I don't know if my curse will have that covered as a result, so be careful

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

What's happening in GW26?

A lot of things that are yet to be set in stone. But it will host a lot more than 10 games, put it that way.  The FA Cup games over the next few days will determine how many blanks are in GW29 and therefore how many doubles are in GW26.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

A lot of things that are yet to be set in stone. But it will host a lot more than 10 games, put it that way.  The FA Cup games over the next few days will determine how many blanks are in GW29 and therefore how many doubles are in GW26.

Midweek following GW26 being between European competition fixtures and therefore having to host the PL fixtures not played on GW29 weekend due to the FA cup, because the week after that is internationals, right? 🤔

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Midweek following GW26 being between European competition fixtures and therefore having to host the PL fixtures not played on GW29 weekend due to the FA cup, because the week after that is internationals, right? 🤔

Pretty much.

There will be shit loads of doubles anyway.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The midweek after 26 is the only one that isn't European competition around that time and there is a big gap from 29 to 30 so yes that would suggest an international break.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Zaha is likely to double in GW26 as well so I wouldn't be too hasty in selling him.

Seems like this part of my post was missed 😁

"will probably Free Hit for DGW26, so not looking at fixtures for that GW"

That's if he's even back by then...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

Seems like this part of my post was missed 😁

"will probably Free Hit for DGW26, so not looking at fixtures for that GW"

That's if he's even back by then...

Ah my bad.

Have you considered holding your free hit for GW29? Likely to be a lot of blanks.

Either way we should know more by the end of this week

Gundo and Sterling both starting in the cup doesn't bode well for the DGW. Although both off at 57 minutes. 

Foden not starting. Was going to swap him for Sterling but now don't think I will. 

Edited by Rds1983

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Carnage tonight for injuries. Hold those transfers!

I went from being happy with my first 11 and not really wanting to make any transfers to now having 4 players unlikely to play, 3 of which on DGWs. Awful 24 hours. 

Just cancel the cup... Villa never win it anyway. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am a genius at this game. Quite busy at work so thought I'd get my transfers in early. Didn't know it was a FA cup week. Brought in Digne and Lewin. Both today listed as injured. 

Fed Up Reaction GIF

I'm laughing because of the gif, not because of your predicament!

I think you're shit out of luck with DCL. Sounds like it was his hamstring so not good. I have him too. think I might look to swap him for Kane next week and get Raphina in for Son to pay for it.

You might have better luck with Digne

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am a genius at this game. Quite busy at work so thought I'd get my transfers in early. Didn't know it was a FA cup week. Brought in Digne and Lewin. Both today listed as injured. 

Fed Up Reaction GIF

Great gif. 

I also have Digne and DCL, plus Antonio and Dias. 

I've been caught with early transfers before too.