Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Another decent week with 77 points, let down by Dias, Cancelo, Grealish and Antonio. The others all scored highly. I transferred Soucek in but he was on the bench thankfully, I’ll await to see whether his red card is rescinded before making this week’s transfer. 

I can’t believe some of you lost faith with Martinez, where’s your loyalty to the clean sheet master! 

56 points with just Bamford to play, red arrow so not a great week. 

I was really deciding between Antonio or Bruno for captain before the gameweek, luckily for myself I went with the safe option. If in doubt just stick it on Bruno. 

Gundo randomly turning into this goal scoring midfielder is a bit annoying because I didn't go with him when it seemed like a lot did a few weeks ago. Fortunately Sterling has managed to get points in through KDB's absence so it's not been too bad. 

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very similar to me. 64 with Bamford to play, which I am absolutely thrilled with given how yesterday went.

And agree about the strong benches. I think the strong bench will help navigate the doubles and blanks coming up if you want to hold onto your widlcard. Then if we play a wildcard after that we can have weaker benches.

Yeah, I think you’re right. Also, a few of the expensive players seem to be coming back so I guess a lot of us will end up with at least one of the £4-4.5m players in our team.

My plan for the coming weeks is to slowly build my DGW team using weekly free transfers, and then use the wildcard for the BGW that will follow. But that might change when new DGWs are added.

My team for this week looks half decent, with 6 double players, and one free transfer left to bring in. Who will inevitably become my 7th double.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just had a look at the VT league, checked out the team one place below me. Look’s like @Stevo985’s team, bloody hell mate, if only you’d used your bench boost this week! 35 points on the bench 👀

Haha I know!

Weirdly I'm not that bothered about it. The only one I care about is not playing Martinez over McCarthy which was a big mistake.

But my choice of players to bench came down to DCL or Gundogan, and Gundo outscored DCL anyway. I was never going to bench any of my other strikers given their fixtures. 

And I only play 3 defenders. Two of them got 9 points and one got 2, but it was Cancelo who i think was worth the shot. So Dallas doesn't really hurt.

It's weird. Because I think my decisions were sound I'm not too fussed

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone know where people get the screenshots showing weekly score, safety score, points until top 10k, how template your team is and comparing ranks before and after transfers? 

It's probably livefpl.net you're thinking of

"Check your Overall Rank" gives you the details you mentioned above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

That's it. 

Anything else on their that people use? Apart from all the adverts! 

The new "What if" feature is good. Allows you to put in scores for players in your team and see how it affects your rank

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The new "What if" feature is good. Allows you to put in scores for players in your team and see how it affects your rank

Spotted that but thought it would be more of a this is what you could have won feature that would just wind me up and make me regret things. I think the transfer vs rank one might be similar. 

Another tool to use though. 

Curious what else is out there that people rely on? 

I'd like if the 'What if...' feature could tell me where I'd be if I'd owned Martinez instead of McCarthy for the past 12 weeks.  I can work it out though. 74pts to 34pts so I'd be 123k instead of 297k.

Need to get rid of Zaha, leaves me 7.5mil. Any suggestions? Not a big fan of any of the options within that price range for the DGWers over the next two weeks. Of course there's Gundogan, but surely he's gotta be coming back down to earth soon??

Maybe Mount? CHE have some nice fixtures coming up...will probably Free Hit for DGW26, so not looking at fixtures for that GW.

Edited by a-k

3 minutes ago, a-k said:

Need to get rid of Zaha, leaves me 7.5mil. Any suggestions? Not a big fan of any of the options within that price range for the DGWers over the next two weeks. Maybe Mount? CHE have some nice fixtures coming up...will probably Free Hit for DGW26, so not looking at fixtures for that GW.

With the way their fixtures are going, I'd be looking at Maddison.