Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I finished my game week with 54 points, and I was relieved to see that my new signing Bednarek was my second substitute.

Unfortunately Foden and Castagne didn't play.

• Sad 1

With Burnley's next 3 fixtures in the next two GWs and with money just sitting in the bank (was going to get Son but decided against that for now). I'm thinking of benching Emi and picking up Pope. But that just feels wrong, why I don't like having Villa players as I feel I can react emotionally. 

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

And I feel dirty as whilst looking for benefiting players, I'm already loaded on City and Everton, Fulham have nobody who appeals and for a split second I actually considered picking Ben Mee. 

I had him earlier in the season but decided to go with Tarkowski this time...Mee's already got two goals and somehow doesn't even have a single yellow all season?? Cue Tarkowski putting in a Bednarek performance while Mee ends up with a hat-trick.

20 hours ago, Genie said:

Anybody have Jan Bednarek? He set a new record of -21 points. 

Only if you triple captained him.

His score was -7 (which I believe is still a record low)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

DGW confirmed for 24 and 25

24:

Man city: Spurs then Everton 

Everton : Fulham then Man City 

Fulham: Everton then Burnley 

Burnley: Palace then Fulham

25:

Leeds: Wolves then Saints

Saints: Chelsea then Leeds 

And I feel dirty as whilst looking for benefiting players, I'm already loaded on City and Everton, Fulham have nobody who appeals and for a split second I actually considered picking Ben Mee. 

I'm pretty well set for it already. I think I'll use some of my extra money to get Pope in for Mccarthy. Mccarthy has a double in 25 but against Leeds and Chelsea I wouldn't expect much return from him. Burnley have West Brom so Pope could pick up a CS there.

Probably the switch I'll make. Plus finally getting rid of Reece James this week. Sick of the sight of him. I finally don't play him and he gets a CS and 2 Bonus. **** off

• Like 1

GW 26 will still be the big DGW but looking at the teams with the likely doubles I think a lot of us will be able to navigate it without a wildcard. I might use my TC there instead if there is a good candidate (Kane maybe...)

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

No matter how well City do I always seem to struggle to accommodate their players.  Too much rotation.  Even Aguero at the top of his game used to be in and out.

It's hard to have anyone in their attack at the moment given how much they rotate. Gundo seems to be the only nailed option.

Dias looks a nailed option in defence but even Stones looks ropey now that Laporte is back. Just hope they keep playign him at LB

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm pretty well set for it already. I think I'll use some of my extra money to get Pope in for Mccarthy. Mccarthy has a double in 25 but against Leeds and Chelsea I wouldn't expect much return from him. Burnley have West Brom so Pope could pick up a CS there.

Probably the switch I'll make. Plus finally getting rid of Reece James this week. Sick of the sight of him. I finally don't play him and he gets a CS and 2 Bonus. **** off

I'm leaning towards Pope myself. 

I've got James and was going to ditch him until I saw his score last night. Shame I'd left him on the bench but I scored nearly 100 so can't complain. 

I've a few thunks bouncing around the noggin before GW23 deadline.

I'm wildcarding on 25 so I have a fun mini 2-week season coming up.  I could go Pope but I don't really want to burn a free transfer getting rid of McCarthy before a Newcastle game, as shite as he has been, and he is **** infuriating to own. It's like playing with 10 men every week and having no sub.

More a priority this week will be Gundogan my 5th midfielder. He's going into the Liverpool game and the double. I think I'll be banking on him not returning against Liverpool and then being Pep-rouletted out of one of the double fixtures.  So he's in my crosshairs.  The front-runners with 6.8m ITB are Mount or Jorginho (she NEW), Soucek or Lingard (ful SHE) or Dwight McNeil (BRI cry/FUL).

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've a few thunks bouncing around the noggin before GW23 deadline.

I'm wildcarding on 25 so I have a fun mini 2-week season coming up.  I could go Pope but I don't really want to burn a free transfer getting rid of McCarthy before a Newcastle game, as shite as he has been, and he is **** infuriating to own. It's like playing with 10 men every week and having no sub.

More a priority this week will be Gundogan my 5th midfielder. He's going into the Liverpool game and the double. I think I'll be banking on him not returning against Liverpool and then being Pep-rouletted out of one of the double fixtures.  So he's in my crosshairs.  The front-runners with 6.8m ITB are Mount or Jorginho (she NEW), Soucek or Lingard (ful SHE) or Dwight McNeil (BRI cry/FUL).

My concern with McCarthy is whether he's taken out the spotlight a little to cover for letting in 9 goals. I think this happened last season after they let 9 in. 

It maybe using the FT to get Pope in but to me he'd start this week and then the double as it's 3 decent fixtures in Brighton, Palace and Fulham. 

Edited by Rds1983

I just went with Pope in the end. Only because I couldn't see who to drop from the front 7 if I brought in Lingard/Soucek but the upgrade in goalkeeper was obvious. Feels good not having McCarthy.

Also noticed I've not owned a single Brighton, Sheffield United or West Brom asset all season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just went with Pope in the end. Only because I couldn't see who to drop from the front 7 if I brought in Lingard/Soucek but the upgrade in goalkeeper was obvious. Feels good not having McCarthy.

Also noticed I've not owned a single Brighton, Sheffield United or West Brom asset all season.

I had Brewster purely as a cheap bench filler but same on Brighton and WBA. 

I am starting to be tempted by a Brighton defender like White or maybe Perriera as a cheap MF. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

I had Brewster purely as a cheap bench filler but same on Brighton and WBA. 

I am starting to be tempted by a Brighton defender like White or maybe Perriera as a cheap MF. 

I plan on owning a Baggies defender as part of my WC because they look like having an excellent DGW26 plus they're cheap. Someone like Bartley. I may jump on the Lamptey bandwagon when he comes back and the only way I'd have Sheff U is probably Brewster. Sheff U actually manage to avoid having any kind of a good run of fixtures til the end of the season, so they're never attractive. Also means they're doomed :)

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sheff U actually manage to avoid having any kind of a good run of fixtures til the end of the season, so they're never attractive. Also means they're doomed :)

What a shame. 

wayne knight laughing GIF

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I plan on owning a Baggies defender as part of my WC because they look like having an excellent DGW26 plus they're cheap. Someone like Bartley. I may jump on the Lamptey bandwagon when he comes back and the only way I'd have Sheff U is probably Brewster. Sheff U actually manage to avoid having any kind of a good run of fixtures til the end of the season, so they're never attractive. Also means they're doomed :)

Hadn't actually looked at WBAs fixtures in any detail. Potentially a nice little run but need to see improvement in form for me and confirmation of the DGWs. 

Have 2 free transfers and no idea what to do really. Think I might just have to jump on the train and go the Pope route.

McCarthy/Johnstone out
Pope/£4m keeper in

Bit boring but I'm relatively happy with my side everywhere else 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

My Pope clean sheet lasted 36 minutes. Welcome to my team Nick 👍 At least McCarthy is still dung. Meanwhile a 9 pointer for Emi.

I decided to hold the Pope transfer to have 2 next week and maybe mini wildcard. Ayed Fabianski and benched Emi, praying that works out but annoyed I didn't trust Emi. 

The Oli goal is a comfort though.