Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

It's pretty funny that there will be plenty of teams out there who own all of the currently high-owned doubts.  Someone this morning is sitting looking at Antonio, Dias, Justin, DCL, Pope and maybe even Digne in their starting eleven :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

And @KenjiOgiwara my good man.  FFS :lol: Early transfers !!!

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's pretty funny that there will be plenty of teams out there who own all of the currently high-owned doubts.  Someone this morning is sitting looking at Antonio, Dias, Justin, DCL, Pope and maybe even Digne in their starting eleven :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

And @KenjiOgiwara my good man.  FFS :lol: Early transfers !!!

Think that's basically the guy 1 place behind me in my work league. But he also has Wilson as a doubt. 

• Like 1

Wilson out to April now apparently.

With Tottenham out of the FA cup they will surely be playing a match in GW29 won't they? Whether that will stay vs Southampton, if they go out to Wolves tonight, or be one of their rescheduled games vs Us or Fulham remains to be seen though.

By the way, how is it that Spurs have only 1 game in hand but 2 postponed fixtures?

For the sake of being able to field close to 11 players without many changes as it stands in GW29, I'll be hoping for Wolves to win tonight. Barnsley would help too so that Liverpool vs Chelsea can go ahead and Salah can play, but that seems highly unlikely.

Edited by fightoffyour

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Wilson out to April now apparently.

Ouch. I thought it was a couple of weeks. Sadly Newcastle are way too safe for this to be meaningful in anything other than an FPL context.

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

By the way, how is it that Spurs have only 1 game in hand but 2 postponed fixtures?

Have they 2 postponed fixtures? They only have Villa as their game in hand.  Now they may need to re-arrange somewhere else because of another club's restrictions, but as of now the only game from their schedule that they haven't fulfilled is their week 18 fixture away to us.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ouch. I thought it was a couple of weeks. Sadly Newcastle are way too safe for this to be meaningful in anything other than an FPL context.

Have they 2 postponed fixtures? They only have Villa as their game in hand.  Now they may need to re-arrange somewhere else because of another club's restrictions, but as of now the only game from their schedule that they haven't fulfilled is their week 18 fixture away to us.

Premier League site has Spurs Vs Fulham TBC so I thought it was a cancelled game. Turns out that was the reverse fixture but they played it soon after the original date.

That and the Man City vs Southampton games are just the ones not happening on League Cup final weekend it turns out.

Still I think I would be right in saying that there is no chance of the PL not putting a Spurs fixture on the GW29 weekend now that they are out of the FA cup and have a game to catch up.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

29 already looking pretty smelly for me. Down to 7 players, one of whom is Neco Williams. My wildcard has some heavy lifting to do. The 3 FTs in 27, 28 & 29 will also need to be very carefully selected :D 

3667df0a04a443ab641fef1abb33b04a.png

8 hours ago, BOF said:

29 already looking pretty smelly for me. Down to 7 players, one of whom is Neco Williams. My wildcard has some heavy lifting to do. The 3 FTs in 27, 28 & 29 will also need to be very carefully selected :D 

3667df0a04a443ab641fef1abb33b04a.png

Believe it'll be Spurs v Villa in GW29 now that Saints have won. That's at least 3 players for me,aybe 4 or 5 after I pick up Kane and/or Son. 

Both should also get DGW26 now too. With Ben Crellin suggesting Villa will be Leeds and SHU. Might be putting the TC on Jack or Oli instead of Kane if those fixtures are correct. 

Edited by Rds1983

I think now that Spurs Villa will probably be in GW29 then I'll be fine to get through this period. Won't have a full XI with doubles in GW26 but I'll have enough. Should be able to hold the wildcard until GW30

20 minutes ago, Farlz said:

This is a sad day. 

Sad for him, sad for the guys 1st and 3rd in my work league who have him in, good for me as I don't. 

Also appears Digne is fit as Carlo didn't mention him (Digne also retweeted that he was a good pick for the DGW and either he's fit or that's epic trolling). 

DCL misses Fulham but back for City, to the bench he goes but can save a transfer. 

Dias apparently fit to play. 

Antonio close to playing and I suspect he will. 

My team suddenly looks a lot healthier again! 

Highly recommend this podcast for navigating the next ~9 weeks with chips. When to use and depending on what you've got left.  There's a lot more to take into account than what you might think on the face of it. I found it really interesting. James on top form.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Highly recommend this podcast for navigating the next ~9 weeks with chips. When to use and depending on what you've got left.  There's a lot more to take into account than what you might think on the face of it. I found it really interesting. James on top form.

Not sure I've got 1h 15m to spare unless I listen in my sleep. Could you transcribe it out for us all? 

• Haha 1

I stupidly used my two free transfers before the FA Cup injuries. Won’t be doing that again. Toyed with the idea of using my wildcard but decided against it, I’ve cobbled a team together but the bench is none existent. Dias is the only first team doubt, so hopefully he’s fit for the two games city play. Could do with a Leeds win and clean sheet against Arsenal though as I’ve got Dallas and Bamford starting.... actually scrap that, I’d rather finish bottom of FPL than see Leeds go above us in the table! 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okay. Another round and another masterstroke. I dropped Maddison this week cause surely RS would beat Leicester. 

sarah hendrickson thumbs up GIF by Team USA

If it cheers you up my mate not only dropped Maddison but also dropped Salah. 

I also spent days debating benching Barnes or Antonio... I'm not going to tell you the outcome as I'm still to annoyed. 

• Like 1