Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

5 hours ago, BOF said:

One tweak I'd make to the rules would be if your only available sub is negative points then he doesn't come on.  In real life it's a manager's prerogative to play with 10 men if he wants. You wouldn't choose to damage your team if you could avoid it and zero points is better than negative.  I say that as a non-Bednarek owner. I just think it doesn't make sense to be bringing on lower points than what you already have on the field.

Obviously if there are other available subs then they don't get to jump the queue so they'd have to be a bit clever with the software. But in a situation where minus is the first sub then you should just deadend it with the guy on zero.

But you wouldn't know that player was going to damage the team before you'd made the sub. You have to imagine that all the matches in the gameweek are played at the same time and so if one of your first 11 pulls out in the warmup you're going to bring someone else in, without the hindsight that that guy is going to get a red card, score an own goal, and concede 9.

What is the most negative score ever? And what's the most positive for that matter? Plus what happens with goals conceded after a red card, I guess that player is still liable for them points-wise unlike a defender who is subbed off?

2 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Well, now I am praying that Bamford gets over his dead leg, otherwise Bednarek is a definitely automatic sub, if the Salah tweet is true.   #prayforPatrick (I feel so dirty now)

He dismissed the 'injury' in his post match interview as being fine. I think it's FPL being a bit over-zealous. I'd be amazed if he misses out.

• Thanks 1

I've had a pretty good week. 88 points and I benched Son so hoping for a quiet game tonight.

I had a full house this week. Every single player got me a return.

Oh, except for Salah my captain. Obviously.

It's now 10 gameweeks since my captain scored a goal.

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've had a pretty good week. 88 points and I benched Son so hoping for a quiet game tonight.

I had a full house this week. Every single player got me a return.

Oh, except for Salah my captain. Obviously.

It's now 10 gameweeks since my captain scored a goal.

Also 88 points and benched Son.

giphy.gif

Captained Grealish. Was praying for Cancelo to start otherwise Bednarek would've been getting on.

• Like 1

Above average GW total for the season but still a relatively awful week for me compared to the people I'm competing with in mini leagues. Some leads eroded to nothing, some gone completely.

68 points all told and only my second red arrow in the last 16 weeks. Next week not looking too clever either.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Also 88 points and benched Son.

giphy.gif

Captained Grealish. Was praying for Cancelo to start otherwise Bednarek would've been getting on.

My team is very template to be fair so wouldn't surprise me if we have very similar teams.

Every time I've tried to be clever and different this season it's gone horribly wrong so I reverted to being boring and it's working wonders!

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My team is very template to be fair so wouldn't surprise me if we have very similar teams.

Every time I've tried to be clever and different this season it's gone horribly wrong so I reverted to being boring and it's working wonders!

Yeah the only difference for me is the captain choice, like going for Watkins say instead of Son. I thought benching him was a pretty bold move actually, hoping he'll be ineffective without Kane tonight. That said, he's an early pick for my captain next week.

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah the only difference for me is the captain choice, like going for Watkins say instead of Son. I thought benching him was a pretty bold move actually, hoping he'll be ineffective without Kane tonight. That said, he's an early pick for my captain next week.

I'm hoping Son's completely ineffective tonight but has great underlying stats as I'm planning to transfer him in for next week. 

No Spurs or Chelsea players so an 83 point week for me. Slightly annoyed because I made a very late change to captain Sterling instead of Salah before the deadline but forgot to save it which I didn't realise until yesterday morning but oh well still pleased with how it went. 

Nice haul from Justin you love to see it. 

Edited by Farlz

DGW confirmed for 24 and 25

24:

Man city: Spurs then Everton 

Everton : Fulham then Man City 

Fulham: Everton then Burnley 

Burnley: Palace then Fulham

25:

Leeds: Wolves then Saints

Saints: Chelsea then Leeds 

And I feel dirty as whilst looking for benefiting players, I'm already loaded on City and Everton, Fulham have nobody who appeals and for a split second I actually considered picking Ben Mee. 

Edited by Rds1983