Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Removed the Bidace from his name not long after turning 18

The mystery of his name. Played with Philogene Bidace on his shirt in America. Named as just Philogene on the Villa website. 

Need to wrap this up quickly as it could be an expensive mistake having his name on a shirt at the Villa shop ! 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

The mystery of his name. Played with Philogene Bidace on his shirt in America. Named as just Philogene on the Villa website. 

Need to wrap this up quickly as it could be an expensive mistake having his name on a shirt at the Villa shop ! 

I’m going to go with just ‘Bidace’ and tear up the system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure his name is probably still Philogene-Bidace, but decided to just have Philogene on his shirt, I think quite a few players have done similar, there are probably more well known examples, but Laura Brown in our women's team has Blindkilde her middle name on the back of her shirt.

Just now, useless said:

I'm pretty sure his name is probably still Philogene-Bidace, but decided to just have Philogene on his shirt, I think quite a few players have done similar, there are probably more well known examples, but Laura Brown in our women's team has Blindkilde her middle name on the back of her shirt.

But he had the Bidace part on his shirt the last week in America.  Thats whats wierd. 

Maybe the club just put that on his shirt because that's his name, for a pre-season friendly they probably didn't ask all the players want they want, if he wants just Philogene I'm sure he will let the club know before the season starts.

I'm pretty sure Kesler has been known by three surnames, Hayden, Kesler, and Kesler-Hayden.

The market is overpriced in terms of tricky wingers.

Giving Philogene a chance is smart developmentally too. This is not to dismiss the hard work of wingers relentlessly going up and down the line both in attack and defense, but it is one of the more 'simpler' positions to play on the pitch. Certainly more so than in the middle or as a defender.

Philogene puts in the graft to track back defensively and he will get his opportunities 1v1 isolated with the full back out wide in Unai's system.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Relatively quiet but steady and didn't look out of place again today. 

Not sure if he was told or did it by himself but he worked much harder on the defensive and tracking back side of the game today.

• Like 1

He always works hard on the defensive side of things, that's been one of the main reasons why he's stoodout this pre-season, so much so that I wonder if some who haven't seen much of previously have a false perception of him, as he can be very excting going forward, he's shown glimpses of that in the friendlies, but I think he's got a lot more to show, that's of course if he can translate what's he's been capable of for our youth teams and at times in Championship to us at Prem level or in the cups, if so we will have a very exciting player on our hands.

'but I think he's got a lot more to show, that's of course if he can translate what's he's been capable of for our youth teams and at times in Championship to us at Prem level or in the cups, if so we will have a very exciting player on our hands.' 🧐🤔...  but we have to be patient, youngers don't come into the team and look at their best straight away, if they're not looking out of place that's a good sign, and an indication that with game time and the chance to gain more confidence that could well get better an better as happened with Jacob Ramsey.

• Thanks 1

The article also saying that Newcastle are interested as well and have spoken to his people, he's done well over pre-season, he's gone from supposedly being on the verge of signing for Stoke and no one seemingly being that bothered to having a few good pre-season games people insisting he should be part of our squad and now supposedly in talks with Liverpool and Newcastle.

I hope we can sort out a new contract with him, would be good to see him make it with us and make an impact on first team, if he can translate his U21 form to our first team then we will have an excting player on our hands.

• Like 2

He is very, very good with the ball. 

His first touch and weight of pass is excellent. Fits perfectly into what we are trying to do under Emery. 

I don't think he'll be selected ahead of Bailey just yet, but by the end of the season I think he will be. 

Â