Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Very Villatalk somehow. We get the best striker we’ve had for at least 30 years and here we are discussing selling him off.

What is it with the death wish on this site?

And why on earth would Ollie give up a season of CL football to join Man U who can offer him Conference League at best but most likely no European football?

Maybe the chance to team up with Tomas Frank again? 🙂

Can’t see how it matters having a discussion about the pros/cons of his sale. 
people acting like we’re selling him just by discussing it. Is it taboo to discuss the possibility of selling either Ollie or Dougie? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Very Villatalk somehow. We get the best striker we’ve had for at least 30 years and here we are discussing selling him off.

What is it with the death wish on this site?

And why on earth would Ollie give up a season of CL football to join Man U who can offer him Conference League at best but most likely no European football?

Maybe the chance to team up with Tomas Frank again? 🙂

I've not read back but surely no-one is seriously suggesting selling Watkins. Who can we realistically buy for less than £100m guaranteed to be a 20 goal a season striker? Nuts.

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

people acting like we’re selling him just by discussing it. Is it taboo to discuss the possibility of selling either Ollie or Dougie? 

Talk about whatever you like doesn't make it less mental. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

It’s just bonkers in my view. Who are you going to buy who will get up to Watkins level by the first CL game in mid-September?

Just now, briny_ear said:

It’s just bonkers in my view. Who are you going to buy who will get up to Watkins level by the first CL game in mid-September?

My point exactly Briny….it’s a discussion. Never once did I say sell him but at the end of the day we support Villa not a player. I love Ollie and never want him to leave but if Unai and Monchi think there’s a player that they can mould and would set us up financially then I’d back them. 

selling him this season would be crazy I totally agree with the progress we’ve made and position we’re in but would you tell Unai he’s a goose if he decided to sell him because he saw something special in another player? 

39 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

🤔🤔

Does Emery think he can mould Rogers into a Watkins regen over time

I could only ever see Rogers as a false 9. His passing and reading of the game are big strengths of his.

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Talk about whatever you like doesn't make it less mental. 

Hypothetically, let’s say Utd offered us £150m for Watkins. The PSR latitude that plus the CL money would give the owners to open the purse strings and bring in 5 or 6 quality players is massive.

Does anyone want Ollie to leave? No, of course not. But there’s a tipping point financially where if the offer is big enough, the club would have to do it - and the overall team would be better for it. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Hypothetically, let’s say Utd offered us £150m for Watkins. The PSR latitude that plus the CL money would give the owners to open the purse strings and bring in 5 or 6 quality players is massive.

Does anyone want Ollie to leave? No, of course not. But there’s a tipping point financially where if the offer is big enough, the club would have to do it - and the overall team would be better for it. 

You don't get 5 or 6 top quality players for £150m, you'd have to spend most of it replacing Watkins 

• Like 1

He's not leaving,  no way , he's on a contract that means he retires with us, hopefully with some trophies.

Negative drivel, not discussion, some people waste their lives trying to put a negative spin on other people's success, it's rather sad in a spurs fan type way. 

I believe it’s the economics of being a team on the rise. If we want to move forward as a club, we will sell a player for silly money to grow the team. I think Monchi and Emery back themselves to find the next player to fit into the system and make them a better player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's not leaving,  no way , he's on a contract that means he retires with us, hopefully with some trophies.

Negative drivel, not discussion, some people waste their lives trying to put a negative spin on other people's success, it's rather sad in a spurs fan type way. 

Hahahaha you can’t be serious? What negative drivel you talking? By discussing our financial situation, the possibility of some day selling him and what it would take? 

how am I wasting my life my friend by discussing in a forum the sale of one of players whether you like it or not Tinker players you like will be sold it’s part of growing as club. 

Read my messages brother carefully and see where I’ve said “sell him now”. If you can’t see my take on it that’s your prerogative but in no way am I trying to ruin someone’s day by having a discussion. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I believe it’s the economics of being a team on the rise. If we want to move forward as a club, we will sell a player for silly money to grow the team. I think Monchi and Emery back themselves to find the next player to fit into the system and make them a better player.

Can you give me an example of a “team on the rise” that has successfully applied such a model in, say, the past 20 years in the premier league?

Edited by briny_ear

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Can you give me an example of a “team on the rise” that has successfully applied such a model in, say, the past 20 years in the premier league?

You’ve missed the point.

Because of PSR we can’t spend the money of other clubs, yet. However, both Monchi and Emery have a history of selling their best players at Seville and Villarreal and finding the next player to step into that position.

They will do the same at Villa.

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

You serious Briny?  You don’t think the sale of Grealish applied here? 

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Our club, 2 years ago our best player sold for 100m how did that turn out? 

• Haha 1

Â