Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Why does he have matches where it looks like he's never seen a football

Because he isn't very good. His touch and technique is poor, has been since he joined us. He's a hard worker, chips in with a few goals and we can't get anyone better so he'll have to do. But overall he's an average premier league striker. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure why he hasn't signed his new contract. 

If he thinks a bigger club than us is coming in for him he's having a laff 

Dunno. Can see Spurs being interested with his general profile if they get back into europe.

Would be a good Antonio replacement at West Ham given they regularly play in europe.

Same as ever with Ollie, he has plenty of good qualities but he's a long way off being one of the better forwards in this league so I wouldn't be adverse to cashing in at some point in next 12 months.

We've had some good seasons out of him but there is a limit.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Dunno. Can see Spurs being interested with his general profile if they get back into europe.

Would be a good Antonio replacement at West Ham given they regularly play in europe.

Same as ever with Ollie, he has plenty of good qualities but he's a long way off being one of the better forwards in this league so I wouldn't be adverse to cashing in at some point in next 12 months.

We've had some good seasons out of him but there is a limit.

Not sure of your point, Like I said. No bigger club than us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure of your point, Like I said. No bigger club than us. 

Given he played in London for years I think he'd probably see Spurs as bigger tbh in terms of profile. And probably more chance of getting back into England squad. If Spurs were seriously interested he'd push to go there imo.

West Ham no but this is their third season playing consecutively in europe and they've started very well in league so can fight for 7th spot this season.

There's obviously a reason why he isn't committed to signing a new deal despite his generally excellent form under UE so would imagine the continual England omissions are frustrating him so he could see it as a fresh start next season with a new England manager to impress.

I don't think he's stalling on a new deal because he's expecting Arsenal or Man. City to come in for him in January.

Edited by VillaChris

Ollie obviously going through one of his "needs a goal" spells. I'm not overly concerned but like everyone else been wanting another top out and out striker for ages now. Seemed well off it today in terms of work rate which is unusual but when the whole team struggles a negative mentality spreads like poison.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure why he hasn't signed his new contract. 

If he thinks a bigger club than us is coming in for him he's having a laff 

Maybe we've only offered him certain terms as we know we eventually need better. If he's had amazing terms offered and is refusing to sign - then 🤣

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Ollie obviously going through one of his "needs a goal" spells. I'm not overly concerned but like everyone else been wanting another top out and out striker for ages now. Seemed well off it today in terms of work rate which is unusual but when the whole team struggles a negative mentality spreads like poison.

I think Diaby will have games as CF this season so that will be a different dynamic as from what he's shown so far he's technically excellent so we can ping balls into him and he'll create space for the advanced midfielders to run into.

It should work pretty well when Ramsey is up to speed around October and back on the left.

• Like 1

He misses a lot of chances and has done so far this season too. I like him , but he’s just not consistent . Definitely need someone to push him as one poster said. I don’t think he’s been that bad so far this season, just missed a few chances but it will come . Need another striker though regardless. 

Â