Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ouch!.............but I guess any player of the calibre, we want, will be at least or want to be.

I agree generally but I can’t imagine us paying him, a back up, something in that region, he would have to be a regular and I would be disappointed if he was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn's signed up... what you waiting for Ollie?

To see if there’s any interest in him or running down his contract to go somewhere free next year? Maybe we get the social media drop tomorrow. Who knows. Guess we’ll find out soon enough though as we know both he and SJM would have been offered their deals at the same time.

Sidenote/ if Heck has had anything to do with the social media content today then its already better. Pleased for meatball 🙂

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

To see if there’s any interest in him or running down his contract to go somewhere free next year? Maybe we get the social media drop tomorrow. Who knows. Guess we’ll find out soon enough though as we know both he and SJM would have been offered their deals at the same time.

Sidenote/ if Heck has had anything to do with the social media content today then its already better. Pleased for meatball 🙂

2 years left on his contract.

• Thanks 1

On 17/06/2023 at 18:29, TRO said:

I get that Nick....but we still faired ok ish, when he was out injured.....I think we would have struggled with any of those 3 out.

I am not necessarily valuing the players per se.....just valuing their absence.

Yes we have alternatives to Kamara but no alternative to Watkins. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 17:15, nick76 said:

I agree generally but I can’t imagine us paying him, a back up, something in that region, he would have to be a regular and I would be disappointed if he was.

Yes I agree with that 

On 23/06/2023 at 23:06, PaulC said:

Yes we have alternatives to Kamara but no alternative to Watkins. 

In a years time Tammy will be back fit, we can sign him then (rumour is we was about to sign him this summer before he got injured)  and whoever we buy this summer will be up and running plus Duran/Archer may have developed

No rush to sell Watkins even if he doesn't sign an extension. If he wants a release clause to resign then it's got to be £100m plus.

Ultimately It's no good building around a player that's not committed to the project.

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll sign a new contract. We won't be putting in any release clauses. That was a one off for Grealish 

Are you sure? I have a hunch Doug has one in his, one of the conditions on him signing his last contract, it was in his final year. 

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

Are you sure? I have a hunch Doug has one in his, one of the conditions on him signing his last contract, it was in his final year. 

Doug said he loves it at Villa and the club gave him the chance in the Premier League. He could just wanted to stay. Would have got a big pay bump. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Doug said he loves it at Villa and the club gave him the chance in the Premier League. He could just wanted to stay. Would have got a big pay bump. 

I don’t think anyone has ever said they’ve loved the club before then left.

• Like 1

Â