Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Harried well, kept their back line under pressure, and got two good assists. 

Also got put through on goal and had a wank first touch which killed the chance and Pickford saved. 

Watkins in a nutshell. 

Good enough to be starting and contribute for where we're at, probably not for where we want to be. 

• Like 1

Useful, but not a striker anymore, looks like he took too much from Grealish, as he's gonna score about as many as he is this season.. I said the end of last season, we cannot afford to not take our chances, game could have been out of reach if Watkins could finish.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

He’s so bad when 1-on-1. It actually makes me sad.

It’s definitely the weakness to his game, I think it’s more glaring as he’d be borderline world class if he improved his touch and was a composed finisher. But then he likely wouldn’t be playing for a side at our level!

All in all he was excellent today, fantastic link up play and never giving defenders a moments peace off the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He had a great game

Come on, he was a nuisance and got two assists and yes, by his usual low standards he was better today but that was not anywhere near a "great game".

Either that or you have the lowest standards possible.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Just a bizarre, pointlessly negative take from his performance today. 

I’m sorry for not towing the pointless positivity line, lexicon. I must improve.

It’s not just his performance today though, is it?

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Come on, he was a nuisance and got two assists and yes, by his usual low standards he was better today but that was not anywhere near a "great game".

Either that or you have the lowest standards possible.

No he had a great game 

Chased everything, gave us energy up front, didn't give their defence a second, got 2 assists, should have scored but a poor touch took it away from goal and gave him a shit angle 

If today is how Gerrard wants to play football then Watkins is a key player - that we shouldn't want to play that way is something different entirely 

• Like 2

I thought he was probably a 6-7. Not terrible, but he can't finish for toffee. Deserves some credit for the hard work for Ings' goal and the composure for Buendia's, but he shits himself in front of goal far too often, and his first touch is atrocious.

If it wasn't for our manager's aversion to playing wingers, it's probably where I'd play him. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyone bigging him up today as he got a few assists, which is fair play, but he needs to be the one scoring the goals.

I would rather have a striker that assisted 50 goals and scored 0, than a striker that scored 20 and assisted 0. Who cares who puts the ball into the net, the important thing is that we score goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No he had a great game 

No he did not. You won't find any news publication anywhere that says something like that when the match reports are out so dont take my word for it.

I'm all for positivity but that is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

I’m sorry for not towing the pointless positivity line, lexicon. I must improve.

It’s not just his performance today though, is it?

'Pointless positivity' 😂

He got 2 assists today and caused their defence problems all game 🤷‍♂️

Â