Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

On 05/09/2022 at 12:12, NeilS said:

I have just spotted the following article on News Now. I know absolutely nothing about the young lad, but possibly a name to look out for in the future. According to the article it sounds like he was well known with our new coaching recruitments in the academy

Teddie Bloomfield 14 Year Old Left Back from Ipswich Town

TWTD understands Town academy schoolboy Teddie Bloomfield has joined Aston Villa.

The Blues have received a fee of around £100,000 for the 14-year-old plus further top-ups as his career develops.

We understand he has agreed a two-year U15s and U16s contract and a two-year scholarship to follow.

Left-back Bloomfield is the son of one-time Norwich City academy striker Danny, a stalwart of local non-league football, and the nephew of Wycombe Wanderers legend and former Blues youngster Matt.

Bloomfield follows former Town U18s manager Adem Atay and ex-U23s coach Gerard Nash to Villa, the pair having joined the staff of the Premier League club in the summer.

Ex-Town academy head of recruitment Steve McGavin also now works for Villa.

Bloomfield isn’t the first Blues academy youngster to join a Premier League club while a schoolboy, Ben Knight having moved on to Manchester City, Harry Clarke and Marcelo Flores to Arsenal and Charlie Brown Chelsea in the last seven years.

What I took from all that is ... "Ipswich Town are called the blues?". Seems yes they are, along with what I thought they were : The Tractorboys.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

What I took from all that is ... "Ipswich Town are called the blues?". Seems yes they are, along with what I thought they were : The Tractorboys.

Yeah to be honest I only knew them as The Tractor Boys. I must have missed the blues nickname as I was distracted when first reading the article, as my brain played a trick on me as I misread that we had employed Shooter McGavin to our academy set up. 😁

Edited by NeilS
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lewis, Pavey, Softley, Timson, Onchukwu, Simpson, Pierre, Kellyman, Kadan Young, Moore, Wilson

Subs: James Wright, Archie Duerden, Mitchell, Lynch, Lutz

Looks like we're struggling for fullbacks at the moment, as playing two midfielders in those positions, it's bascially a new look back four as Timpson and Softely haven't played much this season, not sure how good Spurs are in attack but could be a difficult test for our back four today.

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Lewis, Pavey, Softley, Timson, Onchukwu, Simpson, Pierre, Kellyman, Kadan Young, Moore, Wilson

Subs: James Wright, Archie Duerden, Mitchell, Lynch, Lutz

Looks like we're struggling for fullbacks at the moment, as playing two midfielders in those positions, it's bascially a new look back four as Timpson and Softely haven't played much this season, not sure how good Spurs are in attack but could be a difficult test for our back four today.

Nice looking front 4 though. They have the potential to be something very special. . 

Kobei Moore has had a great start to the season, four goals in five games including the U18 Premier League Cup game against Man Utd, already four times as many goals as he scored last season, albeit to be fair I think he had injury issues. Might not be long before he gets a chance at U21 level.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Got a big academy in Cairo now and plans to develop an academy in Senegal. 

Cairo?, really?, thats pretty interesting, would love to know more about that, pity they dont do news/information pieces on it.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Cairo?, really?, thats pretty interesting, would love to know more about that, pity they dont do news/information pieces on it.

It’s on the Villa Trust website following the Purslow Q&A. I’d love an actual article on this. Imagine having Elmo as ambassador for this also. We could really get a lot of talented youngsters signed up this way. 

• Thanks 1

Â