Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Nas' cousin owns a team out there and we've paired up with them, sounded a bit like an exchange student plan where a couple of their lads would come train with ours but no doubt other benefits to it as well such as obviously having first dibs if one of those kids is pretty good

Premier leagues youngest ever player Ethan Nwaneri playing for Arsenal U18
Clearly not good enough for the Arsenal first team never mind the u21 team. The whole thing was a sham bringing him on in my opinion 

Lost 1-0 but Arsenal have a good U18 team.

We had five pre-scholars on the pitch at various stages of the game, Broggio, Lynch, Triston Rowe, Max Lott, and Woody Burgess.

Lott and Burgess made their U18 debuts.

Lott has been involved with England at U15 level.

Burgess I think was playing a couple of ages up, another one from our development centre in Gloucester.

U16s lost their game 3-2 to Arsenal, Vincent Hayward got one of the goals, again I think a lot of the younger players were playing an age up.

Albert Phelan and Floodlit Cups starting soon, not sure of the exact date but think it might be this coming week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Lost 1-0 but Arsenal have a good U18 team.

We had five pre-scholars on the pitch at various stages of the game, Broggio, Lynch, Triston Rowe, Max Lott, and Woody Burgess.

Lott and Burgess made their U18 debuts.

Lott has been involved with England at U15 level.

Burgess I think was playing a couple of ages up, another one from our development centre in Gloucester.

U16s lost their game 3-2 to Arsenal, Vincent Hayward got one of the goals, again I think a lot of the younger players were playing an age up.

Albert Phelan and Floodlit Cups starting soon, not sure of the exact date but think it might be this coming week.

yeah good learning experience
Liverpool lost 8-1 in the PL cup earlier today to Charlton which was a shock.

• 2 weeks later...

U16s are taking part in the Premier League National Tournament this weekend, they're in a group with Bournemouth, Norwich, and Man City, they beat Bournemouth 2-0, and Norwich 1-0 today, and play Man City tomorrow.

Kadan Young looks to me like he could be the best academy product since Chukwuemeka, he and Travis Patterson probably the two best players to come through our academy from the lower age groups since the like of Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, and Kesler-Hayden. Broggio is a year younger and he's on a similar trajectory to Kadan, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play for the U21s before the season has finished as he will be the same age as Young was last season when he made his first appearance at that level.

K Young, Triston Rowe, and Patterson all recently made their U21 debuts at 15 so we've got history for it, and as I say Broggio is on a similar path to those players, Luka Lynch as well to be fair, although I don't know much about him other than he's an attacker, apparently we also signed his younger brother from West Brom as well.

Hopefully we get a good draw in the FA Youth Cup.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, useless said:

U16s are taking part in the Premier League National Tournament this weekend, they're in a group with Bournemouth, Norwich, and Man City, they beat Bournemouth 2-0, and Norwich 1-0 today, and play Man City tomorrow.

Won that game 2-0 to top the group and are into the quarter-finals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

U16s won the final group game 2-0 against Man City to top the group and are into the Premier League National Cup quarter-finals.

Beat Leicester 2-0 in the Quarter-Final and are through to the Semi-Final tomorrow. Dan Shaw with both the goals.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, useless said:

Beat Leicester 2-0 in the Quarter-Final and are through to the Semi-Final tomorrow. Dan Shaw with both the goals.

Chelsea tomorrow Morning in the Semis

• Thanks 1

Â