Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

U16s beat Newcastle 3-0 in their Premier League Cup game today and through to the quarter-finals.

Good result as did without three important players in Triston Rowe, Lynch, and Broggio who were with the U18s.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

U16s beat Newcastle 3-0 in their Premier League Cup game today and through to the quarter-finals.

Good result as did without three important players in Triston Rowe, Lynch, and Broggio who were with the U18s.

More sob on the Tyne

Woody Burgess has been called up to Germany's U16 squad, played for our U14s last season but has already made his U18 debut this season. I think he's a central midfielder.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I thought I remembered seeing his name in conjunction with the Albert Phelan Cup win, but might have got him mixed up with another player, so could be that he's more Broggio's age.

Either way good to see another one of our academy players getting international recognition, if he qualifies for England as well might, find that they try and call him up now, as if it turns out he develops into a top player they won't want to miss out.

I guess it comes down the player's preference, Jamal Musiala could have played for either Germany or England but chose Germany, despite playing for England youth teams when he was younger.

Feeney switched from Scotland and there was talk of Kellyman switching from Northern Ireland so will have to see what happens with that one.

Just now, messi11 said:

We've not won this competition for 37 years! 

I don't think we were in it for most of them. In fact I'm not sure it was running at all for most of them.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think we were in it for most of them. In fact I'm not sure it was running at all for most of them.

We did not compete for Several years but have been the last couple. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Senior_Cup

Also the oldest county cup competition thats still active

Â