Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We did not compete for Several years but have been the last couple. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Senior_Cup

Also the oldest county cup competition thats still active

Yeah I've covered the last few in the u21 thread. And I think that was when we decided we were going to start competing in it again having not done so for donkey's years.

On 06/11/2022 at 23:26, useless said:

Woody Burgess has been called up to Germany's U16 squad. I think he's a central midfielder.

He made his debut for them yesterday.

Edited by useless

U14s beat Albion 5-3 in the Albert Phelan yesterday, they won their first game 3-2 against Wolves a couple of weeks ago.

FA Youth Cup draw must be soon, was November 16th last year, hopefully we get a good draw.

• Like 1

Not sure how good or bad of a draw that is, Brentford's U18s were formed at the start of this season and compete in the South East Youth Alliance League against other Category four Status academies, they're bottom of their table below the likes of Sutton United, Cambridge, Stevenage and others.

Based on that seems a very winnable game, Burton Albion who we beat 9-0 a couple of seasons ago are a Category Status Four team and at the time were doing better than Brentford are doing now, so it's not a great level relatively speaking.

But the difficulty of the game might depend on how many players Brentford can use from their B team, when they played our U21s recently I think most of those if not all of them were too old for the FA Youth Cup.

If we're playing a team made up largely of players from their U18s that compete in the Youth Alliance League then we should be favorites but of course can't take anything for granted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure how good or bad of a draw that is, Brentford's U18s were formed at the start of this season and compete in the South East Youth Alliance League against other Category four Status academies, they're bottom of their table below the likes of Sutton United, Cambridge, Stevenage and others.

Based on that seems a very winnable game, Burton Albion who we beat 9-0 a couple of seasons ago are a Category Status Four team and at the time were doing better than Brentford are doing now, so it's not a great level relatively speaking.

But the difficulty of the game might depend on how many players Brentford can use from their B team, when they played our U21s recently I think most of those if not all of them were too old for the FA Youth Cup.

If we're playing a team made up largely of players from their U18s that compete in the Youth Alliance League then we should be favorites but of course can't take anything for granted.

Didn't Philogene get released from the Brentford academy? 

U18 league games never streamed, but the FA Youth Cup game at home to Brentford will be shown on VillaTV, and probably played at Villa Park. I imagine line-up for that will be quite different from the team that played today, I'd expect the likes of Smith, Feeney, Triston Rowe, Rory Wilson, Kadan Young, Omari Kellyman, and maybe others if available to come in.

Â