Academy General Topic

smetrov

I wish we would hurry up and name our new scholars for next season, we seem to leave everything late, would be nice to know that we've managed to hang onto our best sixteen year olds, noticed a few other teams have been losing theirs, I think brexit and not being able to sign U18s from Europe means there's now more competition for U18s in this country, good sign that Kadan Young played against Hednesford though.

I think he actually left during last season rather than this summer but Harley Mills left-back who would have been a first year scholar this coming season has gone to Peterborough.

Not first year scholar related, but saw Kidderminster fan suggest that Dewain Sewall played for them on trial in one of their recent friendlies, no idea how accurate that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Henry Cowans and Jake Walker both played for Newton in the Europa Conference League this evening, they won on penalties to go through to the next round, Cowans scored one of the goals in regular time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

U16s beat Arsenal 6-4 away today, some of the U14s from last season's Albert Phelan South winning team played a couple of ages up.

Do you know if Cole Ramsey is part of that group ?

He (Cole Ramsey) was part of the team that won the U14s Albert Phelan Cup South, but I don't know if he played today for the U16s or if he's ever played at that level, I think he's played for the U15s already though, so maybe could make some appearances for the U16s next season if he hasn't already.

• Thanks 2

Edit I think the above games are for something called the 'Memoriálu S. Štrunce' trophy, the CEE Cup proper starts this Friday as indicated on the CEE Cup's official website above.

Edited by useless

At the bottom of this page (Fotogalerie) there's a photo gallery from the Viktoria Plzen match, you have to cycle through a few pictures before getting to the ones from the Villa game.

A lot of the players I don't recognize, last season's first year scholars are there, Dylan Mitchell is also there, so I'm guessing a lot of the others must be last season's U16s being promoted to U18s next season, if the same players are going to compete in the CEE Cup next weekend then will make it interesting to watch, presuming it's on youtube like previous seasons.

Tomorrows' game against Rangers kick-off 12pm UK time.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, useless said:

U16s beat Arsenal 6-4 away today, some of the U14s from last season's Albert Phelan South winning team played a couple of ages up.

Thought that was the name of one of our regen players then for a second

• Like 1

List of the new scholars

Abube Onuchukwu, Thierry Katsukunya, Nile Timson, Sam Lewis, Dylan Mitchell, Travis Patterson, Charlie Pavey, Kadan Young, Archie Duerden, Omari Kellyman, I-Lani Edwards, Alex Hammond, Jack McDowell, Rory Wilson

There's also a brief description of each one on the official site

Wasn't expecting that many, I think Ewan Simpson probably still happening as well once he turns sixteen, and then considering the likes of Triston Rowe, Luka Lynch, and Broggio have already played for the U18s, we could see them play an age up on occassion as well, I think Broggio is with the U19s in Czech Republic at the moment.

Edited by useless
corrected spellings to reflect corrections made on official site
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â