Academy General Topic

smetrov

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Goalscorers were Indiana Vassilev, Dimitri Sea (x2) and Ben Guy

How does Dimitri Sea look? Obviously scored two goals today which is good going, but how has he been in the other games, what type of player is he? He came with a good reputation, been here just under a year now, does he look like he might make the step up to first team football with us in future?

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

How does Dimitri Sea look? Obviously scored two goals today which is good going, but how has he been in the other games, what type of player is he? He came with a good reputation, been here just under a year now, does he look like he might make the step up to first team football with us in future?

He's good at youth level but I don't think he's first team quality, hopefully I will be proven wrong. I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker, more of an attacking midfielder 

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's good at youth level but I don't think he's first team quality, hopefully I will be proven wrong. I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker, more of an attacking midfielder 

Ok thank you. So he isn’t standing out from the crowd at the moment. There is still time for him to turn things around I guess, and they all develop at different rates. Hopefully he comes good with us, but many arrive with high hopes and leave quietly.

Some youngsters kick on to another level and make it while others disappear without trace, see our own Gareth Barry and Michael Standing for example. Wasn’t Standing supposed to be the hotter prospect?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NeilS said:

All washed up:)

• Haha 2

On 15/04/2018 at 12:55, jacketspuds said:

Good to see some local lads coming through the youth team. :)

They sound like the random youth players generated on Fifa. Cracks me up you get like 'Jonaldino De Guia' from Burnley

• Like 1

Â