Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, macandally said:

The buy back clause means he cannot, look at Xavi Simons, lots of people wanted him but PSG hold the cards on keep or sell now he is established.

A buy back sets price and conditions, if he wanted elsewhere he would have to buy out the buy back 

He CHOOSE to go back to PSG, was nothing stopping him rejecting them and going to another club if they had bid.

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That wouldn’t be a buy back clause, it would be an option to buy. Buy back means if we want him back he is ours.

A buy back clause just means we can buy him back for an agreed price. Nothing stopping other clubs paying more for him. Would be down to the player.

14 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Good assessment of the deal from Paul of For the love of Paul McGrath podcast

Burnley would be stupid to pay £12m for a loan; even if he stays for 2 seasons, that's £6m a year. Makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It is frustrating but you havent considered the most important person in this. Aaron.  Does he want to go on loan again ? Does he want to be squad member 25 of a 25 man squad and barely get on the pitch  ? Does he want to compete with his brother  ? ...

Or does he want to test himself in the Prem playing for a good young manager   while knowing if he does well it could catapult him into stardom and let him continue to develop . 

If it is £12 mill then that suggests we feel he has a good chance of making it  but we simply cannot offer him the gametime needed so have put a buy back clause in. 

Then loan him to Burnley, I don't care. We shouldn't be selling our top prospects who we have been at the club since the age of 8 probably. It's all very well saying this buy back clause but will be activate it?, Does anyone know the length of it. If he's progressing well but is inconsistent and needs more time do we pay 25mill for him or go for another shiny new thing. Will Burnley get relegated, if so how does his "value" go then, is he stuck in the championship and we can't see him develop at the top level unless we pay 25mill for him? Or is it a Douglas Luiz scenario where ultimately he needs time we miss the window to sign because we are hunting shiny new things and he becomes a top player. If he's not Jude Bellingham within 2 years, there's loads of excuses and rationalisations that will be made not to buy him back.

25 minutes ago, villanmac said:

FFS fans banging on about "pure profit" when we are selling one of our top home grown academy players for 12mill. 

We shouldn't be selling him at all..loan to prem club will do. I know the club have stepped up a level in all areas but im fuming about this. All this buyback clause stuff is just trying to be clever when you are being stupid. We aren't Man City, we aren't awash with world class players and this isn't some Brazilian we picked up when he was 15 who has no connection to the club. If it was for what he's worth than maybe that could give some solace but 12 mill, we paid more than that for some from the MLS who is the definition of raw and who couldn't dream of ever being on a level to Ramsey technically.

God I hope we do have a great season to distract me cos there's loads of little things that annoy me about us "levelling up" on and off the field.

Maybe Burnley doesnt want to do a loan deal. Maybe Aaron doesnt want to be loaned out....

What if Aaron refuses the new contract terms? Do we have to insert new terms on the potential deal e.g. Burnley pay more to remove buy back. Why would we agree to this for just £12m?! It makes no sense.

Edited by The_Steve

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I really think you’re incorrect on this. 

If we have a buy back clause for £20m, it just means Burnley HAS to accept our offer, even if the player is valued more. It doesn’t mean they can’t also accept other offers from other teams.

If we activate the buy back clause, but City or Liverpool bid £35m, sorry, but the player is not choosing us.

The buyback clause would only be applicable to us, so say it's twenty million we could buy him for that much, but if Liverpool or Chelsea or any other club wanted him, they would have to pay a lot more and if clubs like that were interested it really would be a lot more, so in theory we could buy him back for the low price hopefully keep him, but if the player really was insistent that he wanted to play for Chelsea or Liverpool, then we would sell him on for a big profit.

If there's any truth to this story I'm hoping that beforehand we've agreed with Ramsey that should we want him back then he will be happy to come back regardless of interest from other clubs, maybe that's his dream, easy to scoff at, but he's genuinely a VIlla fan, so from his point of view he might be seeing this as his chance to prove himself to us that he's good enough, he might think he has a better chance of having a longer term career with us by going to Burnley proving that he can kick it in the PL, than by staying now as occasional squad player.

But would still beg the quesiton why don't we just loan him out, I'm pretty sure he would be over the moon to get a Premier League loan, he's not a big headed player who would think that's beneath him, and he's still very young, so I doubt he thinks he's too old for loans now either, it's not as if we would be sending him to the lower leagues.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If we have a buy back clause for £20m, it just means Burnley HAS to accept our offer, even if the player is valued more. It doesn’t mean they can’t also accept other offers from other teams.

If we activate the buy back clause, but City or Liverpool bid £35m, sorry, but the player is not choosing us.

Please google buy back clauses. It’s a contractual agreement that means that if we trigger the clause and pay the pre agreed amount, they legally have to transfer him back to us. 

• Like 1

Here's an explainer - I don't see the benefit, and there's a reason why we rarely see them in the league. Look how Barcelona pulled down our pants with the clause for Traore. I think Burnley would be stupid to pursue such a deal, assuming any of it is true.

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If he has a good season he's going somewhere else for much more than £12m so it's baffling

He'd have to get on the pitch in the first place to " have a good season ".

The chances of that happening here right now are extremely limited.

This would give us 12 million in immediate, all profit, free up cash + wages and opportunity to get him back at a reasonable fee if he thrives.

This probably enables us to get a player who can really help us NOW.

I'm sure he's a Villa fan so if he went on to be class, we would 100 percent have a better chance than most at getting him back.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Please google buy back clauses. It’s a contractual agreement that means that if we trigger the clause and pay the pre agreed amount, they legally have to transfer him back to us. 

Not necessarily. It's complicated.

What if a third club comes along with a bigger offer than the original club was offering? Does the original club have to match it? What if the third club then ups its offer in response?

This was a similar scenario to the Toby Alderweireld situation discussed above. In practice, a selling club, just as Atletico did, can have the benefit of a stipulated transfer amount cancellation clause, which caters for such a scenario where a third club bids more than the stipulated buy-back amount. Whether such a cancellation clause is inserted in the first place can depend on the negotiation position of the parties. If the original seller (who will have the benefit of the buy-back) is in a strong position, there is less likelihood of such a cancellation figure being inserted or in the alternative the cancellation figure being set at a high sum.

If there is such a provision and the buy-back cancellation sum is paid to the original club, then the selling club is free to sell the player and accept a higher amount. If the club refuses to pay the buy-back cancellation sum or there is no clause in the contract, then the original selling club should be able to enforce the buy-back clause so long as it can agree personal terms with the player and that the player wishes to re-join the club (though these factors may not be straightforward in practice!). [1] Note that for ease of reference the drafting presumes that the player will be playing in the Premier League for the first two seasons. If the player, for example, was transferred after his first season, and that season was not covered by a buy-back clause (which would be very unlikely), the buying club may still have the benefit of a first refusal transfer clause to match any other offers.

Link

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Burnley would be stupid to pay £12m for a loan; even if he stays for 2 seasons, that's £6m a year. Makes zero sense.

That's probably the going rate for a loan tbh

I’m actually ok with this transfer. Ideally I’d like another few million but this is how big, ambitious clubs operate. When you reach a certain level, you need elite players to break into the top 4 consistently and stay there. The academy can be a huge source of profit for us that allows us to sign those players. Look at how Man City operate. They make a fortune off players that haven’t even played a first team game. That allows them to sign Gvardiol. 

Ideally, I’d like Aaron to be as good as Jacob and we have a whole team of homegrown players but if this transfer allows us to go out and get someone better, why not? 

• Like 1

Â