Summer Transfers 20/21 (Or what to loot during the apocalypse)

sne

5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Arsenal have made a bid for coutinho and willian..i think chelsea are trying to resign willian as we speak.

Both Kia Joorabchian clients....quelle surprise.

Willian would be a decent pick up in fairness, played well for Chelsea this season.

6 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Arsenal have made a bid for coutinho and willian..i think chelsea are trying to resign willian as we speak.

its a very Doug tactic, we are broke but we bid for some big names as it sounds like we are important but we know they wont come

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Troy Parrot joined Millwall on loan

Hard to tell how good he'll be and Kanes loans were bang average but the potential is there 

Is lots of hype in Ireland and he won a cap already but Mourinho(for once is right about youth player) is not happy with his attitude, his off field activities and the dodgy characters he is hanging out with. He could easily be another Anthony Stokes 

I expect Idah from Norwich to be a better long term prospect

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is lots of hype in Ireland and he won a cap already but Mourinho(for once is right about youth player) is not happy with his attitude, his off field activities and the dodgy characters he is hanging out with. He could easily be another Anthony Stokes 

I expect Idah from Norwich to be a better long term prospect

Obafemi could benefit from a loan spell aswell I think, does o.k in his sub games for Southampton but could really kick on if he went somehwhere and got 25-30 starts.

Seems ROI got some good striker prospects coming through, I like the look of Connolly at Brighton. Reminds me a bit of Vardy in his first years at Leicester.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Obafemi could benefit from a loan spell aswell I think, does o.k in his sub games for Southampton but could really kick on if he went somehwhere and got 25-30 starts.

Seems ROI got some good striker prospects coming through, I like the look of Connolly at Brighton. Reminds me a bit of Vardy in his first years at Leicester.

I think this is one of our best generations since 2002 though different circumstances but Kenny had a good under 21 team. Except Robbie Keane we have been usually useless in front of goal 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sanchez has apparently signed for Inter permanently. If true then United have pulled off a coup getting his wages off his book

I suspect that UTD will be paying a chunk of his remaining contract.

Reading more, appears Inter are paying him the same contract but spread over extra year. Also getting a transfer fee, well done Utd.

Utd have ruined or near ruined a fair few promising careers over the past 5 years, like a scaled Villa. It'd be of use for Jack to take heed of that.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sanchez has apparently signed for Inter permanently. If true then United have pulled off a coup getting his wages off his book

In relative terms, yes, but Sanchez is arguably the most expensive mistake in the club's history.  Finding accurate numbers for his salary is nigh on impossible but so many sources are citing figures in the region of £18m a year that it's something I'm happy to accept.  They'd swapped him for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who they'd paid £30m for and probably shelled out somewhere north of £30m in wages before shipping him off to Inter.  They were reportedly still paying the lions share of his salary in Italy and they still owe him somewhere in the region of £40m before his contract expires in 2022.   He's not going to walk away from that amount of money when he's legally entitled to it.   I'm sure there have been negotiations which have happened to smooth other the transfer to Inter and Sanchez is probably going to end up with at least the £40m owed to him somehow. The overall deal is something which will have cost Manchester United an absolute fortune, and that's before you even factor in what his salary did to the wage structure at Old Trafford.  

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

In relative terms, yes, but Sanchez is arguably the most expensive mistake in the club's history.  Finding accurate numbers for his salary is nigh on impossible but so many sources are citing figures in the region of £18m a year that it's something I'm happy to accept.  They'd swapped him for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who they'd paid £30m for and probably shelled out somewhere north of £30m in wages before shipping him off to Inter.  They were reportedly still paying the lions share of his salary in Italy and they still owe him somewhere in the region of £40m before his contract expires in 2022.   He's not going to walk away from that amount of money when he's legally entitled to it.   I'm sure there have been negotiations which have happened to smooth other the transfer to Inter and Sanchez is probably going to end up with at least the £40m owed to him somehow. The overall deal is something which will have cost Manchester United an absolute fortune, and that's before you even factor in what his salary did to the wage structure at Old Trafford.  

Every football site on the internet has Sanchez on earning £400,000 a week at man utd, with inter milan playing £100k of that whilst on loan

On 02/08/2020 at 16:41, Xela said:

Deeney to Spurs rumour

That's absurd but I don't want him back in the Prem for anyone.

Although we've had the last couple of laughs against him, he still always seems to score past us.

This one has been coming for weeks, amazing how cheap it ended up for Man C. £21m is way less than his £92m release clause or what the wanted in January.  Covid-19 discount strikes again.

Good player. Was impressed by him a few times when watching Valencia last season. Just a case of whether he settles now and can fit into their rotation. Nolito came and went pretty quickly when he was highly rated a few years back.

Â