Summer Transfers 20/21 (Or what to loot during the apocalypse)

sne

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd go for him. We have a few Brazilians who will look up to him and I'm sure he'd be decent for another couple of years. 

No idea what his wage demands will be but I imagine he'll find it hard to find a club that will match the £50.000 per day he had at PSG.

Thiago Silva will get ripped apart in the Premier League, when he left Milan he was probably the best defender in the world. Moving to PSG his skills declined and I dont think he would be able to get near that level

4 hours ago, sne said:

Strangely I hadn't really considered this but how are clubs going to scout players now?

At least Sweden has banned foreign scouts from the stadiums for the time being, I imagine more leagues has done the same?

TV and video (and Football Manager 20) is one thing but it's hardly enough if you are going to spend big on a player.

I had also thought of this. Maybe just watching the tactical film footage of a game at home. 

Edited by Villaphan04

21 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I had also thought of this. Maybe just watching the tactical film footage of a game at home. 

Gareth Southgate said previously he'd watch some games live and the others on TV/DVD etc. Now he'll have to watch them all on TV/DVD.  Its not the same as being able to watch how a player behaves without the ball but its the best they can do at the moment.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Gareth Southgate said previously he'd watch some games live and the others on TV/DVD etc. Now he'll have to watch them all on TV/DVD.  Its not the same as being able to watch how a player behaves without the ball but its the best they can do at the moment.

Surely he doesn't need to watch them live in order to know they play for the sky six? 

On 11/06/2020 at 15:33, Zatman said:

Thiago Silva will get ripped apart in the Premier League, when he left Milan he was probably the best defender in the world. Moving to PSG his skills declined and I dont think he would be able to get near that level

I can hear Woodward opening his wallet for this world class CB on a free from here :)

So according German paper BILD Timo Werner does not want to finish the CL season with RB Leipzig but want to move to Chelsea as soon as the Bundesliga season is over.

Bit douchy but I can see his point too. The final games of the CL will not be played until who knows when, if at all. As far as I can find the probable solution will be a mini tournament in Lisbon in late August. Supposedly we'll find out tomorrow.

This Bundesliga season is finished in 10 days. It's a weird situation and more and more of these situations will pop up as the summer goes on.

As of yet it's only paper talk thou so probably a bit early to chastise Werner

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Assuming based on that the transfer will go through 1st July because its a release clause thing rather than a club agreement, out of RBs control 

Yeah, as long as Chelsea agree to pony up the full amount in cash in one installment.

On 04/06/2020 at 20:35, villa4europe said:

Werner to Chelsea agreed in principle 

Think he should have stayed at RB, better team than Chelsea with a better chance of winning something too (to be fair that chance is slim for both teams) 

Best striker in Europe imo

He's got attributes to be a top PL player and they can play around with him positional and with the system

But I don't think he's a kane or an aguero, he's not an out and out up top fox in the box instinctive striker, instead he can be part of an attack that will get goals which Chelsea look like they will have with who else they can put around him 

• Like 2

For me he seems to miss too many big chances and I think in England media and fans will jump on him. 

Media certainly will certainly be quick after he made them look foolish for not going Liverpool 

Â