Summer Transfers 20/21 (Or what to loot during the apocalypse)

sne

Everything is up in the air, football is even more broken and as much as people like to pretend they know what is it going to happen in the coming months no one really knows.

Clubs are going under, clubs are having their transfer budgets slashed or even erased. And tons of clubs owes huge sums to agents and other clubs for unpaid transfer fees already. There is a huge black hole in the finances of football where the clubs themselves actually doesn't have much money and are relying on loans and their owners to bail them out because agent fees and ridiculous salaries are siphoning all the money out from the game.

Man U has apparently taken out a £140m emergency loan to be able to keep spending in the summer despite owing £200m in unpaid transfers to various clubs...

Player valuations are falling through the floor. I know there is a debate about this and we'll see. 

But there are still transfers to be done in the summer. And some, like Ziyech to Chelsea is already done.

Apparently Icardi to PSG is very close to be completed but for a much smaller fee than what was initially suggested. "Only" £55-58m or so. Bit of a steal that.

Let the madness begin!

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the big clubs be hesitant to make a big money signing for fear they are beimg ripped off, can see lot of Levy type offers early on

Yeah according to the rags Liverpool are refusing to pay the very reasonable £50m buy out clause for Timo Werner and are only offering £30m to RB Leipzig.

Almost an insult.

I think the Italian model of player exchanges will take off (separate deals but part of the same handshake by the sounds of it) plus then some added buy back clauses for young players being sold off to balance the books plus then some loans where theres an eye watering loan fee followed by a permanent transfer requirement next summer*

also think the expectations that spending will be curtailed will be wide of the mark, it may be less than previous summers but that will be the amount being spent decreasing rather than the value of players decreasing

Hagi's son has joined rangers for £3.5m, not been confirmed yet if like his dad he takes every throw in, corner, free kick, penalty, goal kick, drop ball...

there are some big name free transfers, silva at city and silva at PSG, cavani, david luiz, willian, gotze, vertonghen, aurier, kurzawa, Lallana and maybe one to watch out for is Malang Sarr at Nice, he needs a big move and step up to make the national team

* that's what I thinks happened with icardi to PSG, FM2020 had him down as having a £60m option in the loan deal, would suggest that the loan fee is a fair few million (see also Lo Celso to spurs)

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

also think the expectations that spending will be curtailed will be wide of the mark, it may be less than previous summers but that will be the amount being spent decreasing rather than the value of players decreasing

I think it will be a combination of both.

I think it's got to the point where prices got so big that players just can't live up to them.  How many of the £100m+ players have actually gone on to be worth that kind of money?  Mbappe probably and that's it.  I can't see many big transfers happening, Jack included.

value is no longer determined by what they do on the pitch

Pogba's transfer fee is madness based on football alone but in the context of his marketability and social media it can be justified, its why Grealish should be worth a record amount, that boy's face will sell some tractor parts

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it's got to the point where prices got so big that players just can't live up to them.  How many of the £100m+ players have actually gone on to be worth that kind of money?  Mbappe probably and that's it.  I can't see many big transfers happening, Jack included.

Thing is it kinda has keep going with these inflated prices because it's all built on money that doesn't exist. 

The clubs owe each other money from transfers to clubs that owe money to another club that owes money to another club and so on. If that cog grinds to a halt it all collapses.

The actual money in football disappears into the pocket of agents and players and of course to whoever collects the interest on the loans the clubs have.

Didn't PSG quickly terminate the Icardi loan when he broke lockdown a few weeks ago, sounds odd to me they know want to sign him for 50 odd million although they do have striker issues. Surprised they haven't gone in for Aubameyang with him having one year left on his deal at Arsenal.

Maybe some potential for the premier league to hover up free agents from cancelled leagues. Seems to be  decent timing on the overlap of the restart of the premier league and the end of players contracts.

Rumours from this morning on French twitter PSG are in for milinkovic savic and spurs have agreed a transfer for mbaye niang but he wants a guaranteed playing time clause in his contract that they won't give him 

I hope that's true because niang is dogshit 

Spurs supposedly big for Osimhen but he's not interested as long as Kane is still there. And I can't see Spurs bidding anything near their £70m asking price.

On 29/05/2020 at 23:38, Zatman said:

Barcelona are pretty shambolic behind the scenes

yeah Barca have a real cash problem. Strange for one of the biggest clubs in the world. I can see it all going tits up

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rumours from this morning on French twitter PSG are in for milinkovic savic and spurs have agreed a transfer for mbaye niang but he wants a guaranteed playing time clause in his contract that they won't give him 

I hope that's true because niang is dogshit 

Had to Google it was the same guy that played for Milan and Watford, he wasnt great at either of them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

yeah Barca have a real cash problem. Strange for one of the biggest clubs in the world. I can see it all going tits up

They wasted it by spending near 400 million or so on Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho and now dont want any of them, except that Messi is on about 600k a week and Suarez probably about 300k. Due to this they cant rebuild the squad 

• Like 1

Â