The economic impact of Covid-19

Genie

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even with this i still wouldnt leave london. Cant speak on anyone else but would nlt appeal to me at all

Says a man trying to move to Hertfordshire and is scared to go out at night in his violent city!!!!

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I just want to see Curzon Street all done up and looking cool.

I don’t go into Birmingham very often but when I do it always strikes me how there’s about half a dozen roads that have been regenerated and the other 90% are like a shit hole. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Also, think of all the lovely new habitat which'll be created on the old lines :D 

There's hardly any "ancient" woodland left in the UK - only 14 are larger than 500 acres in the entire country.  Everything you usually see is plantation (and so re-doable). 

It's all an illusion.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,  aaaah, illusion

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Says a man trying to move to Hertfordshire and is scared to go out at night in his violent city!!!!

You are aware London is a big city! Not all London isn’t bad like most cities. But my area is definitely very rough. Can’t wait to move 😃

There isn't going to be a second phase of HS2, they'll have spunked all the money, duh!

The government-owned firm behind HS2 was last night accused of attempting to "con" Boris Johnson into giving the scheme the green light as former staff members issued a series of explosive allegations about costs being covered up.

The Telegraph can disclose that HS2 Ltd has been "revising" agreements with companies carrying out the main construction works on the line so that future cost increases will be borne by the firm, which is funded by taxpayers' money, rather than private contractors.

The disclosure comes after damning witness statements by former senior figures at HS2 were passed to the Prime Minister's advisers in recent days.

The signed statements allege multiple cover-ups of spiralling costs at the firm, which is owned by the Department for Transport.

Torygraph

Then at the end they'll hand to a private company that'll charge £200 for a ticket.

It's absolutely witless, but it's a Failing Grailing production.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

You keep posting this , but never offer any link to this information  , Do you have an actual article about it I can read  ?

I ask as I've googled Max loads of times and can't find anything that links him the HS2 other than someone on twitter saying he worked for a firm who employs someone whose dog used to sniff the leg of a man who might profit from HS2

It was linked by a regional HS2 action group, and it was still up last time you asked.When I've got a quiet few minutes I'll see if they've been made to take it down yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You are aware London is a big city! Not all London isn’t bad like most cities. But my area is definitely very rough. Can’t wait to move 😃

Some of Midsomer Murders was filmed in Hertfordshire! You're moving to the shires, admit it. Out of big bad London!

Mind you, I don't class outer London as proper London anyway. Places like Ilford, Sidcup, Orpington aren't really London are they?. Just grabbed from Essex and Kent. Same for parts of Surrey and the whole of Middlesex! 

Where in London do you live? You've never said but i'm going to guess Enfield? 

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some of Midsomer Murders was filmed in Hertfordshire! You're moving to the shires, admit it. Out of big bad London!

Mind you, I don't class outer London as proper London anyway. Places like Ilford, Sidcup, Orpington aren't really London are they?. Just grabbed from Essex and Kent. Same for parts of Surrey and the whole of Middlesex! 

I presumed he was from the Bronx, circa 1979.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes enfield. The shit side ponders end/Edmonton 

But even the other side of enfield is getting rough now. Enfield us eti be a nice area but over the years its become a absolute shit hole with lots of scummers 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes enfield. The shit side ponders end/Edmonton 

But even the other side of enfield is getting rough now. Enfield us eti be a nice area but over the years its become a absolute shit hole with lots of scummers 

Do you get much night life up ponders end Dem?

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

if some rogue contractors are cutting trees down, they will be fired and also not paid for it. Please highlight where this has happened

here

Trees were felled and the potential habitats of rare bats and butterflies were destroyed on a nature reserve without permission to make way for HS2, the high-speed rail scheme has admitted...

...the destruction appeared to have deliberately targeted the best bat habitats. The presence of live bats – which are protected by law – has the potential to stop HS2 construction work, set to begin later this year.

The presence of protestors at Crackley Woods stopped chopping (for a while) in June.

And so on.

To continue the HS2 sort of theme and where the costs and timeline on that are heading.

Crossrail originally due to open in 2018 now delayed until 2022/23 as a minimum providing there are no further delays in the next 2 or 3 years and will cost an additional £450 Million, on top of the other £2.5 Billion it was already over budget. 

I’m sure this government will keep a much tighter more professional grip on HS2, so probably not worth using Crossrail as any sort of comparison.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

FAO landlords and renters:

I dont see how this solves the problem. It just delays the eviction for a further 4 weeks.

They need to come up with something that suits both parties and this just isnt helping people from getting ecited just delaying it further 

@bickster

Well in our case the tenants have been paying and working theoughout the pandemic.  So they could easily find other accommodation but they choose not to. We have sent them countless homes for the areas they want but just not showing much interest.  Its a hassle for them.

And what about the tenants who refuse to pay? Or those that have been trashing landlords properties and they are powerless to stop them.  But yeah that gets ignored. Lets punish all the meanie landlords some who are trying to make a living

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont see how this solves the problem. It just delays the eviction for a further 4 weeks.

They need to come up with something that suits both parties and this just isnt helping people from getting ecited just delaying it further 

This much I completely agree with you about. This is no sort of a solution at all. It just means everybody has to start wondering what they will do again in a fortnight's time. I also think they're fully in denial about the need to extend furlough for several sectors as well.

• Like 1

Â