Unidentified Flying Objects

Straggler

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What if we do know about it by those seeing them but those in governments downplay it because they have ulterior motives? Also, why would an alien race want to destroy us? Not all races of life may be as destructive and evil as ours. 

If they didn’t want to destroy us then why wouldn’t they make contact? They come all this way just to have a look?

Im not saying they want to destroy us, just that if they didn’t I think they’d make contact of some sort. 

Any alien race that had the technology to get to us would also have the technology to wipe us out in a second. I think they’d either make contact or we’d disappear before we knew anything about it

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Question for those that believe in intelligent alien life and also believe we have been visited by alien life. Do you smoke weed?

No! Never have and never will. Not my thing. I have had my own personal experiences of weird sightings when I was around 8, 37 and 44 - sober every time and with other people seeing what I saw. 

Edited by Villarocker

By the way I believe that there very well could be intelligent alien life. And I believe that there’s almost certainly life of some description out there somewhere. 

I just don’t believe that they’ve visited us

If we're delving into the historical ones, I mentioned it once in the on this day in history thread but the Nuremberg incident from 1561 is one I wonder about often. 

Himmelserscheinung_%C3%BCber_N%C3%BCrnbe

What the hell did they all see?

I don't believe the sun dog theory, not that I've witnessed either obviously but the sun dog photos I've seen are so far from making the above drawing make sense I just can't get on board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The chances of these videos being aliens is miniscule.

I bet it's not as minuscule as people think it is. There are (we believe) billions of planets in the universe. of course, a minute fraction of them might be inhabitable or able to support life, and another fraction actually develop life and another fraction to have developed life capable of travel across the universe and ditto able to do so in a lifetime and ditto to find earth...

But when you start with multiple billions...

[edit] VR beat me to it[/edit]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If they didn’t want to destroy us then why wouldn’t they make contact? They come all this way just to have a look?

Im not saying they want to destroy us, just that if they didn’t I think they’d make contact of some sort. 

Any alien race that had the technology to get to us would also have the technology to wipe us out in a second. I think they’d either make contact or we’d disappear before we knew anything about it

Maybe they think we’re not ready to be contacted, without wanting to stray too far into Star Trek (prime directive) territory.

I mean seriously, if you came to check in on us, saw Trump, Johnson, Kim the mental Korean, Duterte etc etc all in control, would you fancy getting in touch? 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe they think we’re not ready to be contacted, without wanting to stray too far into Star Trek (prime directive) territory.

I mean seriously, if you came to check in on us, saw Trump, Johnson, Kim the mental Korean, Duterte etc etc all in control, would you fancy getting in touch? 

If I’d discovered intelligent life on a different planet then **** yes I’d be making contact. 

What’s the risk for them? 

7 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Not a chance :lol:!

I'm actually very level headed & would probably not believe something either unless i saw it with my own eyes. I think that's true of most people really. People who have seen something will know what they've seen but face an impossible task trying to convince those who didn't see it. Especially if it's not "Normal". Interesting topic though & deffo helps pass some time amidst this lock down.

I also have had an experience. 👍 I can't explain it, I've tried to find other possibilities, I can't.

• Like 2

**** it.

My partner and I took my dog for a walk, this was 8 years ago and it was dark. We went up to the grounds around a castle which sits high over my town. I looked out over the horizon and saw 4 objects glowing and shifting in the sky, I pointed it out and we stood there mesmerised, it was strange, they were blinking and moving about from left to right. They grew larger and suddenly moved really quickly behind where we were. We dashed around the other side and could see 4 fairly large objects. It was hard to gauge a proper distance, but they were visible and looked about the size of very large vans, every blink from their lights we could see the rough shape and I'd say it was like a half sized poster tube but thicker. Anyway, they suddenly went dark and disappeared and then reappeared around 30 seconds later way up in the sky - the lights were now tiny, almost like stars, but still moving.

I looked up flight movements and all-sorts for weeks after but I can't explain a lot of what we saw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If I’d discovered intelligent life on a different planet then **** yes I’d be making contact. 

What’s the risk for them? 

That we become one of those annoying friends you make when you’re on holiday, the sort that keep sending you a Christmas card after 15 years of dodging them 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just playing devils advocate but...

Maybe we're too stupid for them to make contact?

If we were to travel to a planet which was full of insects that couldn't comprehend any form of contact with us, whilst not being able to contact them, it would still be a place of massive interest that we'd study a lot. We wouldn't necessarily want to destroy them either.

Maybe any alien life that has made their way here thought we were too stupid to communicate with and just want to study us? 

EDIT: just noticed similar points have been made above. Sorry for duplication.

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just playing devils advocate but...

Maybe we're too stupid for them to make contact?

If we were to travel to a planet which was full of insects that couldn't comprehend any form of contact with us, whilst not being able to contact them, it would still be a place of massive interest that we'd study a lot. We wouldn't necessarily want to destroy them either.

Maybe any alien life that has made their way here thought we were too stupid to communicate with and just want to study us? 

EDIT: just noticed similar points have been made above. Sorry for duplication.

I think that’s different because insects are of an extremely low intelligence and wouldn’t be able to comprehend any attempt at communication. 

We would. I’m not saying we’d understand an alien race. In fact I think it’s almost certain we wouldn’t. But I think we’d be able to understand that they were trying to contact us. 

I think if we discovered an alien planet we’d try to make contact if we thought they would comprehend it. 

I'm kinda into the Fermi paradox or at least the idea that any intelligent species/civilization destroys itself before it is able to exist long enough to explore the universe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that’s different because insects are of an extremely low intelligence and wouldn’t be able to comprehend any attempt at communication. 

We would. I’m not saying we’d understand an alien race. In fact I think it’s almost certain we wouldn’t. But I think we’d be able to understand that they were trying to contact us. 

I think if we discovered an alien planet we’d try to make contact if we thought they would comprehend it. 

Maybe intelligence is highly scalable? We may think we're quite intelligent due to our standing on this planet, but compared to other life-forms, we might be seen to be of incredibly low-intellect.

I don't necessarily believe that, but i'm open to it. I've seen a few make that argument and it makes sense on some level to me. 

If you've got an extraterrestrial life form from outer space with the technology to reach our planet then chances are that they will have been to other planets with life as well, maybe endless such planets. Could be that they've visited one such planet in the past and made contact but something went wrong so won't do it again, maybe they've seen that many planets likes ours that they don't think contact with us is worth it, or maybe they have made contact, but the majority of people don't know it or whatever reason. There's also a theory that 'aliens' are us time travelling from the future, which might also explain why they wouldn't make contact.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

When was the first sighting of a UFO?

What has happened is that its a general acceptance now that a UFO will be saucer shaped and the alien will be grey/green and be bipedal with large eyes. 

Its almost if we have been programmed to accept that this is what they will look like if/when they arrive :ph34r:

aliens.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=618&h=

Shhh!

• Like 2

Â