Unidentified Flying Objects

Straggler

51 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Maybe intelligence is highly scalable? We may think we're quite intelligent due to our standing on this planet, but compared to other life-forms, we might be seen to be of incredibly low-intellect.

I don't necessarily believe that, but i'm open to it. I've seen a few make that argument and it makes sense on some level to me. 

I agree with that. If something is advanced enough to get here it will be far far more intelligent than us. 

But we're at least capable of abstract thought. We'd be able to comprehend that something was trying to contact us, even if we had no idea what it was saying. I don't think that's comparable to humans vs insects.

• Like 1

I've no doubt that there's alien life out there, and that it's likely there's some of it that we would consider intelligent.

What I doubt is that they have come here. The biggest issue is, well, space is so unimaginably big and so obscenely difficult to travel through for any significant distance, that unless any such being was advanced well beyond our understanding and/or was physiologically much more resilient that we are, it's unlikely anything would be capable of travelling to Earth.

I do agree with the idea that civilisations destroy themselves before they manage to achieve significant space faring capability. 

Saying all that I do find all of this stuff fascinating. The 'battle over Nuremberg' is just so bizarre it's hard to conjure much of a convincing argument about it in any capacity. And there's a lot of credible people that have seen bizarre shit - it was only about a year ago an Irish pilot and air traffic controller both recorded something completely outside of their understanding. And stuff like this is pretty plainly everyone holding their hands up and saying 'dunno'.

And then you get the close encounters stuff. The most compelling one of those I recall had a farmer end up with radiological burns in a grid pattern over his body after allegedly coming close to something, and the area he was injured was said to have radioactivity levels and damage that was unusual. Of course some of it is also hilarious - the Coronado Group abduction is just.. well, how do you describe a bunch of alleged abductees attending an abduction conference and all getting abducted at the same time with various physical evidence? I mean besides the word Fake.

And of course the original alien abductees, Betty and Barney Hill, whose story is both creepy and daft and inexplicable in some ways and easily tossed aside in others. On the one hand they both had severe psychological trauma after something happened, and things like Betty's dress disintegrating, Barney's, ahem, warts, and Betty drawing a map she claimed to have seen that later was found to very closely match the make up of a real solar system. On the other hand, their claims didn't entirely tie up, they came up in regressive hypnotherapy which is useless, and the description of the aliens was very similar to an episode of the Twilight Zone they'd watched before the event.

And so on. This stuff is fascinating. Nonsense, but fascinating. Things like the actual sightings by normal people I tend to lean towards the usual basic human error or less commonly extremely secret test kit either doing proof of concept runs or having been disguised in various ways.

• Like 2

Unreliable memory tale right here. I've mixed up 2 separate incidents in one earlier post. 

The cardiff police helicopter sighting happened months after the stratford one. 

I saw a light in the sky before the stratford one. I rang my friend who was living there at the time. He was unaware but wondered why everyone had left the pub.

I have to stop telling that story then 😅

12 hours ago, Straggler said:

The footage for those that have not been on the link.  It is classic UFO stuff, all grainy, out of focus so no real detail or context for size and speed.  The big difference with this one is the Pentagon releasing the video and going "yeah we've no idea what it is either" or words to that effect.

i wish our pilots didnt speak like beach bums, duuuuude

Top-hole. Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

• Like 1

You see as for the traveling from another Solar System issue i think this is where our level of intelligence limits us & makes it almost impossible for us to imagine it because we are missing some knowledge. For example i have seen quite a lot of physics tutorials where they now think space & the universe may be "curved" so to speak caused by various gravitational forces caused by black holes, galaxy's etc etc. The easiest way to explain the little i know is that it's a bit like a large invisible net. this net gets bent & curved & it's theoretically possible to go in one direction across the net & come out the other side thousands of light years away in a very short time... a bit like a kind of wormhole i guess. The thing is we actually don't yet understand it all. If another race did though it would be possible for them to travel incomprehensible (to us) distances very easily & quickly.

Another thing i wonder about is whether one of these races actually seeded us on the planet. Our parental race if you will. This would also explain why they would watch but not want to interfere, only maybe one day if absolutely essential, like if we were about to totally destroy the planet. We are making a damn good job of that actually!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

I read something a month or two back where an American scientist made a suggestion that aliens could be future, more advanced and developed, versions of mankind returning through time for things they need. 

I've seen many documentaries where it's been suggested that time travel already exists albeit clandestinely. The same people also said that it won't be too long in the future before time travel is widely known and broadcasted. 

Maybe, if alien life does exist, they are travelling through time or wormholes etc to get here. 

• Like 1

Aliens wlll probably have some sort quantum teleportation device, meaning they don't have to worry about not having enough time to travel vast distances, I haven't really read about it, but I think I remember seeing it mentioned that humans already have a primitive version of such a machine, but at the moment it can only 'teleport' one or two particles at a time.

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

You should be scared.

It's fans of Country music that the aliens seem to choose for anal implants :D 

I lost a few hours at the weekend. Had a particularly good curry and a couple of bottles of wine. Lost a few hours and gained a pain in my arse. Without question it must have been space aliens. No other explanation. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I lost a few hours at the weekend. Had a particularly good curry and a couple of bottles of wine. Lost a few hours and gained a pain in my arse. Without question it must have been space aliens. No other explanation. 

pilot_3.png.808a084e056c0923e138a22fb29c8343.png

Your mind has blocked out the trauma. Probably for the best, give the hypnotist a miss.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Straggler said:

Top-hole. Bally Jerry, pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

general melchett | Tumblr

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

You see as for the traveling from another Solar System issue i think this is where our level of intelligence limits us & makes it almost impossible for us to imagine it because we are missing some knowledge. For example i have seen quite a lot of physics tutorials where they now think space & the universe may be "curved" so to speak caused by various gravitational forces caused by black holes, galaxy's etc etc. The easiest way to explain the little i know is that it's a bit like a large invisible net. this net gets bent & curved & it's theoretically possible to go in one direction across the net & come out the other side thousands of light years away in a very short time... a bit like a kind of wormhole i guess. The thing is we actually don't yet understand it all. If another race did though it would be possible for them to travel incomprehensible (to us) distances very easily & quickly.

This is an Einstein-Rosen bridge (aka wormhole). It requires negative energy density. If wormholes exist, it is likely that the formed in the very early universe. However, they can not violate causality so if it were possible for mass to translate through a wormhole, it would still be limited to C relative to the endpoints.

4 hours ago, useless said:

Aliens wlll probably have some sort quantum teleportation device, meaning they don't have to worry about not having enough time to travel vast distances, I haven't really read about it, but I think I remember seeing it mentioned that humans already have a primitive version of such a machine, but at the moment it can only 'teleport' one or two particles at a time.

Still can't travel faster than C.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I read something a month or two back where an American scientist made a suggestion that aliens could be future, more advanced and developed, versions of mankind returning through time for things they need. 

I've seen many documentaries where it's been suggested that time travel already exists albeit clandestinely. The same people also said that it won't be too long in the future before time travel is widely known and broadcasted. 

Maybe, if alien life does exist, they are travelling through time or wormholes etc to get here. 

Hawking sent the invites out afterwards and nobody turned up to his party. Looks like a crap party to be fair. 

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.konbini.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F9%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2F16227397471_adf5ab2996_h-2-810x540.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Â