Unidentified Flying Objects

Straggler

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Possibly related, possibly not. There was a huge black cat on my conservatory roof once. Like, proper escaped zoo puma sized thing. Size of a Labrador and jet black. It was so heavy the con roof was creaking. I’d gone out to confront it cos I’d presumed it was a burglar (yeah, cat burglar). 

To this day, my family think I’ve made it up for some weird reason.

I was stone cold sober, we stared at each other and then it sort of turned and jogged off. I’ve sort of gone over it again a few times to try and rationalise it, that I was exaggerating, or just surprised or sleepy or something. Logic tells me a panther on the loose in Barry might have got some media coverage. I’d be interested to know what I actually saw and why I think I saw Bagheera. But there it is, big cat story.

Oh, on the UFO’s, I’d put actual space ships visiting from space very low on the list of possibilities. 

I've seen three things in my life that I could not rationalise so I hear where your at, if serious. I had others with me each time and nobody could identify what it was we were staring at. It leaves you wondering what you are seeing for a very long time. I guess that's why I am so open-minded to things like this.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not knowing what it is, is not proof it’s Marv the Martian.

It’s proof we haven’t worked out what it is yet.

Like we’ve slowly worked out asteroids and lightning and rainbows. We’ll get there. Some of them will be weather phenomenomenom. Some will be drones. Some will stay unexplained for a while.

I get what you’re saying and yes, you’re 100% correct that it’s not proof but it’s also pretty difficult to explain.

Of all the crackpot theories I think extra terrestrial life is the one I’m most on board with, perhaps because I want it to be true.

• Like 3

I have to admit i love this subject and have studied it for many years having had my own experience but i won't talk about it as there are way too many cynics who would ridicule absolutely anything about it, even if an Alien came & had a sexual encounter with them they'd likely claim it was merely a misunderstood Cosplay experience. Some people are just closed minded and just don't understand those who aren't because, well.... they're closed minded!

What makes me laugh though is the way an actual video which is officially released and has no plausible explanation is suddenly " too grainy" or " must be a fake" or "was some weather phenomenon" or whatever. Like the Pentagon with all the tools & facilities at their disposal didn't try to find a way to discredit the video beforehand with photographic analysis etc etc.

• Thanks 1

I think if extra terrestrial life had bothered to come all the way here we’d either know about it, or they’d have destroyed us. 

Unexplained flying stuff is not proof of aliens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I have to admit i love this subject and have studied it for many years having had my own experience but i won't talk about it as there are way too many cynics who would ridicule absolutely anything about it, even if an Alien came & had a sexual encounter with them they'd likely claim it was merely a misunderstood Cosplay experience. Some people are just closed minded and just don't understand those who aren't because, well.... they're closed minded!

What makes me laugh though is the way an actual video which is officially released and has no plausible explanation is suddenly " too grainy" or " must be a fake" or "was some weather phenomenon" or whatever. Like the Pentagon with all the tools & facilities at their disposal didn't try to find a way to discredit the video beforehand with photographic analysis etc etc.

Could be a ploy by them to get more money for their Space Force.

10 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

...having had my own experience but i won't talk about it as there are way too many cynics who would ridicule absolutely anything about it

Ahhh. Go on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

Ahhh. Go on.

Not a chance :lol:!

I'm actually very level headed & would probably not believe something either unless i saw it with my own eyes. I think that's true of most people really. People who have seen something will know what they've seen but face an impossible task trying to convince those who didn't see it. Especially if it's not "Normal". Interesting topic though & deffo helps pass some time amidst this lock down.

• Like 1

Years ago an object in the sky caused a load of people to report it as it travelled across the south Wales sky from st davids to the Bristol channel. Part of the 'stratford triangle' event. The thing that gave it credence was the police helicopter was over cardiff at the time and they aimed their heat camera at it while going 'whats that butty?' And so on. 

I saw a light that night. Growing up not far from the ranges on the epynt though meant we would often see flying objects with no markings and so on heading down valleys. First assumption is usually the raf testing something weird again. Especially if they were grey and being chased by helicopters. 

I want to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

I've seen three things in my life that I could not rationalise so I hear where your at, if serious. I had others with me each time and nobody could identify what it was we were staring at. It leaves you wondering what you are seeing for a very long time. I guess that's why I am so open-minded to things like this.

Yep, as much as I usually dick around, the cat story is for real.

As I say, logic tells me it was not a black panther. But I also know what I ‘think’ I saw.

I am aware that an awful lot of what we see, we haven’t actually seen. Our brain gets the first rush of information and fills in the gaps, but that’s not a 100% reliable system. Especially not when wired up to a human with an imagination.

Just look at magicians tricks, we know that they can’t actually transport a pound coin to behind your ear, but bloody hell, the brain tells you they did.

• Thanks 1

Question for those that believe in intelligent alien life and also believe we have been visited by alien life. Do you smoke weed?

Edited by Seat68
  • Haha 1

I saw something I've never been able to rationalise or explain.

I was about 29, so not too long ago really (just turned 33).  I'd just got back from a camping holiday, it was a short break of maybe 3/4 days.  It was in the summer and I remember thinking there wasn't many clouds and it was cold in the mornings - I guess early May/June. 

I remember sitting down, albeit I was a bit drowsy and tired from the drive and that, but there was what I can only describe as a long, tall, white cylinder in front of me.  It was like, pretty big and I remember thinking "woah man, that's pretty big".  

I called my wife but she didn't hear me.  I called her a few more times, increasing my loudness but she never did come. 

Any who, at the very top of this white cylinder thing, there was a kind of "pulsing" light?  It changed colours sometimes from red to green, but it had no particular discerning pattern, and I was trying to stay pretty quiet without wanting to affect the cylinder.  I couldn't see the top of the cylinder, it was too far, but you could see light emitting from it.  

What really spooked me was that it didn't move or anything, it just sort of sat there in situ, quite unassumingly.  Saying that, the light was actually really soothing and I ended up falling asleep watching it.  

Anyway, when I woke up the next day, it was still there!  You couldn't see the light as much in the day though.

And that's when I remembered taking way too much Ket that night,

and I forgot we'd just bought an Amazon Alexa.

• Like 1

There are general explanations to these UFOs. Most are Classified testing that even the USAF would not be privy to. Area 51 exists for a reason, an it's not to keep alien lifeforms, it's to test and design secrets, an these secrets have to be tested somewhere.

What you think the B2 Spirit and the F117 Nighthawk are the latest military aircraft we have??

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just look at magicians tricks, we know that they can’t actually transport a pound coin to behind your ear, but bloody hell, the brain tells you they did.

ERRRRRRR...  WHAT?! 

wtf omg shocked damn oh lord GIF

• Like 1

Â